Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2020 8:19:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blueline84]
EDIT- Identified as legit Remington defense handguards.

I picked up some handguards as part of a package deal that came with an acr. Trying to identify the make of these and potential value. They appear to be somewhat different as one has number markings on it.

Posted on the acr forum and got 1 response saying may be Remington Defense handguards?

Appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
They *look* like some of the newer RemDef handguards, but the airsoft versions are far more common. If you didn't pay over $600 a piece they are probably airsoft
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AK-12:
They *look* like some of the newer RemDef handguards, but the airsoft versions are far more common. If you didn't pay over $600 a piece they are probably airsoft
View Quote

Do the remdefs have any markings on them?
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 1:25:24 AM EDT
[#3]
No markings on the rem def hand guards. They look like knock off Remington hand guards to me. I wouldn’t know what those go for
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 8:36:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJofFL] [#4]
That was me on the ACR forum.

Originally Posted By lmt-ar:No markings on the rem def hand guards.
View Quote

That’s not correct, some do have number markings like the OP is asking about and they can be easily seen here... https://www.defensereview.com/remington-acr-pdw-sbr-adaptive-carbine-personal-defense-weapon-short-barreled-rifle-and-remington-individual-carbine-ic-candidate-remington-defense-assault-riflescarbinespdws-at-ndia-joint-arma/
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I stand corrected.  My Remington hand guard has no markings.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
That was me on the ACR forum.

That’s not correct, some do have number markings like the OP is asking about and they can be easily seen here... https://www.defensereview.com/remington-acr-pdw-sbr-adaptive-carbine-personal-defense-weapon-short-barreled-rifle-and-remington-individual-carbine-ic-candidate-remington-defense-assault-riflescarbinespdws-at-ndia-joint-arma/
View Quote

Thanks, good pics in that article. The individual I purchased this from advised he took a package deal trade approximately 8-10 years ago on these items. Would put it in line with that article date. Not sure if clone rails were around that early.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I would email templar precision. He would be the best person to ask. If they are real Remington defense rails they will be worth a bit of money as from what I understand there are not many out there
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 10:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By lmt-ar:
I would email templar precision. He would be the best person to ask. If they are real Remington defense rails they will be worth a bit of money as from what I understand there are not many out there
View Quote

Thanks again! Just got an email from Dana advising they are both legit rem def handguards.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 5:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
One is for non qd trunnion while the other is for either or. The one for both (looks more opened up in the rear) is the last version made before the mlok version came out and when the program ended.  Cool shit forsure to get in a deal! Sorry I didnt see this sooner, they are legit alright.  Me lovey rem def badassery, I have had several of the variants and still have this.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By thediesel:The one for both (looks more opened up in the rear) is the last version made before the mlok version came out and when the program ended.
View Quote

The shame of the Rem Def HGs is the Bushmaster Mlok version is better. Even worse, they’re unobtainable now too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#11]
How's MLOK fit in the Cadex slots? Those look like the same design as what's on the RACS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top