Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2021 4:38:22 PM EDT
I've been given this barrel and I can't figure out which shotgun it's made for. Does anyone recognize it?

I can't find anything similar with a Google search. Remington 12 gauge, of course, but which model? Thanks

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Never saw one like it.

It is obviously modified from either an older 870 or I'm thinking 1100 barrel.

Is the silver part solid or hollow? It looks like a mercury recoil reducer.

I'm wondering if was a custom single shot.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your reply. I'll check whether the silver part is solid tonight after my shift.

This was part of an old friend's collection. He's deceased now so I can't ask him, and no one knows where the shotgun went.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#4]
That's it! Thanks

No way to know where the shotgun itself went. My friend was bedridden for a long time and there were a lot of caregivers in and out of his apartment. The landlord, too, after he passed. I hope he sold or gave it away himself.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Never seen that before
Neat
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Just saw one of these advertised on Gunbroker and was going to say competition trap, but got beat to it.  Interesting find.  Reminds me of the thread a couple weeks ago where a guy had one of the 870 6 round magazine barrels with the attachment further out.  Nice to have if you have THAT specific gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top