Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 8:28:13 PM EDT
Greetings.  I've been searching around and it sounds as if a missing pigtail on the L3 tubes is bad mojo as it goes to max gain.

Got an ITT tube that's dim with missing pigtail, and I'm wondering how they behave in that case.  Could it be dim because of the missing pigtail and perhaps improve with a proper resistor (~125k) or soldered pigtail and PVS14?  I do have a background in electronics, specifically with the DoD, so replacing that or determining a proper resistor won't be an issue.

Thanks for your time.  It's possible I may have missed the answer buried somewhere, but spent a good bit of time looking.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:23:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Greetings.  I've been searching around and it sounds as if a missing pigtail on the L3 tubes is bad mojo as it goes to max gain.

View Quote

L3 uses a full digital power supply.  Gain is the same with or without a tail.  No tail defaults to the gain on the data sheet.

ITT need either an external tail, or a resistor soldered across the tail pins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top