Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2022 3:56:09 PM EDT
Hi all,
Looking for a shade of grey that's as close as possible to MAGPUL STEALTH GREY in an off the shelf spray can. I'm using it on wood and don't need the thermal properties or hardness (or expense) of Cerakote or Duracote. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Hep
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#1]
In for the same.  Had any luck finding yet?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In for the same.  Had any luck finding yet?
View Quote

There are shades that get close. I got a couple that I'm testing. I'll report back results.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There are shades that get close. I got a couple that I'm testing. I'll report back results.
View Quote

Thanks! Appreciate it.

I tried Duplicolor "Cast Coat Iron".  Cap color was kinda close, but actual color was far lighter than cap.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks! Appreciate it.

I tried Duplicolor "Cast Coat Iron".  Cap color was kinda close, but actual color was far lighter than cap.
View Quote

So from some online research I found this:
Attachment Attached File

Here's the result. A Zhukov top cover is resting on top as a comparison. It's grey, but not dark enough.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks! Appreciate it.

View Quote

Is this the color you're talking about?
Attachment Attached File

It's a bit more towards the green. Sort of like a German WW2 Field Grey (Feld Grau) which is a green/grey hybrid. I used a flat coat sealer to take the shine off.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is this the color you're talking about?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/37328/003_jpg-2409091.JPG
View Quote

I think so.  It was p/n DE1651, "Cast Coat Iron"

My cap color was quite a bit darker than your photo, but that could just be due to web color inaccuracies. The actual result was just like your 2nd photo, way too light.

The Krylon Anvil Gray was on my list, but nobody in my small town stocks it.  Looks a far better match, guess I'll have to get to a "big city" & pick some up!

I'll keep looking too.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 12:30:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Any luck finding something closer to Magpul Stealth Grey in a spray can? I've got a handguard I want to paint and can't find anything local that looks like a good match.
Link Posted: 9/11/2022 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any luck finding something closer to Magpul Stealth Grey in a spray can? I've got a handguard I want to paint and can't find anything local that looks like a good match.
View Quote

Maybe this? Cap looks close but no experience.

https://www.motionindustries.com/products/sku/00870046?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=performance_max&utm_content=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgP2SlZON-gIVAm1vBB0r8QDeEAQYBiABEgJoWfD_BwE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top