Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2022 2:59:59 PM EDT
I understand that some individuals have had some experiences with IR laser units shitting the bed after hard use with their scars. I currently own a MAWL DA and have been hesitant to give it a go in fear of damaging it on my scar. Please share your experiences, if any with laser units used on your scar and its respective round count.

Additional info:
I run a 13” scar 17 SBR suppressed with an OSS EL-QD. The OSS can really doesn’t add any additional pressure or increase bolt speed.

Link Posted: 8/14/2022 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What's BE Meyers say about it?
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Planned on emailing them to find out tomorrow
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Planned on emailing them to find out tomorrow
View Quote

Cool let us know
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
BE Meyers has already stated the MAWL is SCAR rated.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BE Meyers has already stated the MAWL is SCAR rated.
View Quote

this...

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Also, I ran a mawl c1+ for over 10k rounds on my 17s, no issues.
Link Posted: 11/26/2022 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#7]
In for more info. I just picked up a 17, and have a MAWL on order since it's the only MFAL other than a NAVSEA LA5 that's been said to be SCAR proof., and I'm too chickenshit to throw one of my PEQs on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top