Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 10/18/2020 11:47:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2020 1:37:13 PM EDT by gungoboom85]
All, I'm looking for an IR illuminator to pair with a TOR Mini. My goal is the smallest footprint possible, momentary tape switch, with an illuminator that will be good out to 100 yards or so. The rail is Mlok so something that will mount directly would be nice. Currently I have a Modlite PLHV2 on an Arisaka inline mount on the right side of the rifle with a Modbutton Lite at 12 o'clock just behind the TOR. I would prefer to stay with an 18350 battery if possible but not a deal breaker. The options I have looked at so far...

-Modlite 940nm on an 18350 body on the opposite side with a tape switch tucked in at 11 o'clock to allow use with the paddle.
-Surefire m300v setup the same as above.
-Either of the above but positioned at the 5 o'clock (not sure if this will fit)
-Solarforce L2M with IR P60 dropin and SF XM07 tailcap (same options as above)
-Luna ELIR3
-Edit to add the Arisaka EX IR to the list

Basically, I have no idea. Compact is priority as this rail is pretty short.

Current setup without illuminator....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 5:46:41 PM EDT
I just ordered the modlite 940 on the 18350 body with KAC Mount. So I’m a bit partial to that
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 6:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2020 6:48:02 PM EDT by TNVC]
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/18/2020 7:56:26 PM EDT by MunnyShot]
Torch Pro 810nm has @ the same throw as my D2. The Torch does adjust extremely faster vs the D2, but I like the D2s beam pattern better. At 100 yards the Torch Pro is much better/brighter will reach past 500 meters+ vs a X300V, M622V, X400V,M952V or the TLR VIR II that may reach @ 80 yards un urban lighting. Also the Torch Pro when zoomed out is a great illuminator for cqb work.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 8:37:17 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC:
For that distance, guess I'm impartial to our Torch Pro. Removable tail cap that will work with all Surefire cap components that a Unity Hot Button will also attach to.  

Torch Pro electronics and glass are are Made in Germany and everything else in the USA. No China components at all.

Also, thank you for the TOR purchase! Hope you're enjoying it.
View Quote

It just got here this weekend so I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet. It is certainly a good deal smaller than the atpial that was on the rifle before. After messing around with it a little in the house/yard I'm glad it has the lowest power setting. I'm excited to get it setup with an illuminator and really get out and get some rounds on it. I think it's going to a fun little piece of gear.
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:23:10 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

I know some people poo-poo having a dedicated ir light and a white light but it's 2 Modlites so that should make it all good. Just waiting for one of the Magpul Mlok tape switch mounts. I'm going to tuck the tape switch for the ir illuminator at 11 o'clock opposite the lights. That should make it pretty intuitive to hit the paddle on the Tor and roll onto the illuminator if necessary.
Top Top