Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2022 6:46:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks too good to be true in a way.  Curious for more info.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
That's pretty slick looking. Might finally get my ass a thermal if they're worth a shit.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#3]
It’d be nice if they had a photo of what the display looks like when being used.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]

25Hz on a CQB type thermal seems less than ideal.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’d be nice if they had a photo of what the display looks like when being used.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Steiner CQT for the masses?

15% of the price.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Or SIG Echo3?
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or SIG Echo3?
View Quote

Thought about one myself since the Pro Pricing is just unreal man!
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone buy one yet to try out?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#10]
It's not going to be something you want to bet your life on.

As a range toy it could be fun, but thermal is much more useful at range, where you can be hidden and take your time.

CQB type gunfights require split second reactions.

An optic at this price point is not going to offer what you need.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
The problem with devices of this type is that (the ones I have seen) present a flat screen without any focus adjustments or exit optics. Which is to say, no "eye relief distance" and no "eyepiece" focus adjustment. Just a small display to stare at.
This leaves you to focus your aiming eye at a distance of several inches while zeroing in on a target much further away where your two eye focus belongs where gunplay is involved. "The target and what is beyond" takes a back seat to the screen..
It is like watching a TV screen that small and close to the eye.
If I were still working the street and wanted a pocketable termal for checking alleys, closets, etc. for hot spots, I'd always have one along.
However, unless one of these devices comes along with both the thermal image and the aiming reticle projected to a large distance, I wouldn't want it on a firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top