Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2018 2:25:23 PM EDT
I am looking to get a 4.5" barrel.   I have been looking at the ILWT and the Sig factory barrel.  Both have their pros and cons.

1) Is anybody using the ILWT with the integrated  Tri-lug and the Obsidian Tri-lug adaptor?   If so, do they work together?
2) How is the accuracy / longevity of the ILWT vs the factory barrel?
3) One of the reports that I read stated that the ILWT has a feeding problem with larger / flat nose bullets.  However, that was a sample size of one.  Does anybody else have a feeding problem with ILWT barrels?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the a ILWT with the machine 3-Lug as well as the factory 4.5" and 8" barrel.  I also have the Obsidian 3-Lug on both an Obsidian and on an Omega 9K.  I also have a AAC 3-Lug mount with a TiRant 45 and 9s and have used all can combos on all three barrels.  No issues with fit in any combinations.  Accuracy of both Sig barrels is outstanding....no issues.  I was however disappointed in my copy of the ILWT barrel...groups were not as tight as the factory Sig barrels.   No feeding issues with 115, 124, 147 and 158gr with all combos.
165gr would not cycle in the MPX.

Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I ordered the 4.5 factory barrel today.  I was able find it in stock online and delivered for $420.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I was however disappointed in my copy of the ILWT barrel...groups were not as tight as the factory Sig barrels.
View Quote
That's not the first time I've heard that. I would assume their carbine barrels are better, but it has scared me off for competition use.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a ILWT 4.5" barrel that I have been using the thread end to attach a Tirant 45. I have put about 1,000 rounds out of it over the course of the last 2 weekends. They have all run flawless. 124gr nato MEN, 124gr nato Winchester, 115 gr, and 115 gr reloads.

Accuracy was good at 25 and 50 yards with all loads, though 124gr was better. I was able to hit a 10" Gong at 100yards with about 20-25 out of a 30 rd mag with consistency with a decent cross wind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top