Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2020 10:07:29 PM EDT
At first I thought it was an F2000 but then after looking a bit closer noticed it didn’t quite look right.  So... what is it?  Tavor?

'Fired employee, 51,' returns to Milwaukee's MillerCoors HQ using stolen name tag and 'shoots dead five people before killing himself'

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
X95

Hi res image:

Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
He has back up sights for his back up sights!

Nice to see, it seems like the x95 would make a good patrol and entry rifle being more manageable and shorter.  I like the optic too!
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks... much more clear in hi res pic.

Why not have backup backup sights?  Department is paying for it....   I wonder if it’s a semi or full auto?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
He means he has a set of magpul sights on there as well as the built in backup sights. In essence, 2 sets of iron sights.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He has back up sights for his back up sights!

Nice to see, it seems like the x95 would make a good patrol and entry rifle being more manageable and shorter.  I like the optic too!
View Quote
I agree. Great weapon for special teams.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Tavor FTW!
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
x95, nice set up
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice to see the OSS can on it, too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#9]
His backup sights have backup sights, and an OSS suppressor.

Oh well, generally seems like a nice setup.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Why would he put extra BUIS on his rifle? IMWTK
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Is that an OSS suppressor?

ETA- I should read ahead!
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is that an OSS suppressor?
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why does he need to be dressed like he is going to Afghanistan as well?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what? plain clothes, winter coat, duty belt, body armor and helmet?

not seeing it as over board personally
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Is there a problem with the built-in folding irons that makes adding BUIS nessessary? Serious question.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I suspect that cop may be a member of the nearly defunct and incredibly fraudulent bullpupforum.com.

OSS pumped their suppressors HARD on bullpupform. It wouldn't surprise me that he's a member there given his choice of a nontypical X95 and an obscure suppressor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#17]
The Tavor/X95 sights are slower to deploy than the magpuls maybe? He didnt want it to be his funeral?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
What is he wearing that makes you question where he's going?  Looks like regular clothes to me.  I don't wear cargo pants per se but to each their own....

I like the X95.  I don't understand why there aren't more bullpups in LE.  I'd carry one in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Huh......never seen anyone in Afghanistan dressed like that
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Thanks... much more clear in hi res pic.

Why not have backup backup sights?  Department is paying for it....   I wonder if it’s a semi or full auto?
View Quote
The rail has flip-up backup sights built into it.

They're fairly basic but serviceable for their intended role. Bolting on another set of backup sights on top of them is a little odd. Probably just had them in a drawer or something. Or maybe the way he has the flashlight mounted prevents the front one from folding up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
His backup sights have backup sights, and an OSS suppressor.

Oh well, generally seems like a nice setup.
View Quote
OSS would be the can to have on a Bullpup
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I suspect that cop may be a member of the nearly defunct and incredibly fraudulent bullpupforum.com.

OSS pumped their suppressors HARD on bullpupform. It wouldn't surprise me that he's a member there given his choice of a nontypical X95 and an obscure suppressor.
View Quote
It’s an interestingly small world sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The rail has flip-up backup sights built into it.

https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/default/files/archive/contents/rifles/articles/iwi-tavor-x95-field/IWI_Tavor_X95_122.JPG?itok=AK6qWIru

They're fairly basic but serviceable for their intended role. Bolting on another set of backup sights on top of them is a little odd. Probably just had them in a drawer or something. Or maybe the way he has the flashlight mounted prevents the front one from folding up.
View Quote
As an emergency back up option, if there was really no other thing possible to use, they would get the job done. However, I have a low profile set on my SAR.

Personally, I find the design of the rear flip up on my SAR a bit less than ideal. If you compare it to the standard rear peep on an AR, you'll notice the AR sights have a "dished" or concave surface around the peep hole, where the IWI flip-ups are flat and smooth. I initially had a lot of issues being able to get a good view through the hole because of glare from the surrounding surface. Using sight-black on it helped, but isn't practical most of the time. I also dislike how tall they are. Using the factory flip-ups actually caused me to lift my cheek off of the stock more often than not.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Interesting radio placement.  Hope he likes running with that thing smacking into his leg every step
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Interesting radio placement.  Hope he likes running with that thing smacking into his leg every step
View Quote
His collar mic is hooked to a different radio behind his Taser, so he might've grabbed another organization's radio, or might be bringing that one to a teammate or something.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't understand why there aren't more bullpups in LE.  I'd carry one in a heart beat.
View Quote
Me to.  But people making those decisions typically aren't gun guys.  And even if they were not all gun guys can see the advantages.  
More often those people are penny pinching jag offs who don't see why they should pay twice as much to launch the same bullet as an AR.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:51:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Me to.  But people making those decisions typically aren't gun guys.  And even if they were not all gun guys can see the advantages.  
More often those people are penny pinching jag offs who don't see why they should pay twice as much to launch the same bullet as an AR.
View Quote
To be fair a lot of fun guys don’t care for them either. Go to the matches or range, it’s common to not even see a bullpup at the range and typically when I bring one I’m the only one
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like a douche canoe.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Here we go....
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
To be fair a lot of fun guys don’t care for them either. Go to the matches or range, it’s common to not even see a bullpup at the range and typically when I bring one I’m the only one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullpups are just plain cool, but there are some issues that made departmental adoption hard.

An x95, despite being shorter than a 10.5" SBR, weighs quite a bit more.
The trigger is pretty crappy. Geisselle makes a superb replacement, but it's $500.
I like the x95 with the rail covers in place. If you remove one of them, you might as well remove all of them because then the grip gets weird. And the rails are plastic. Fine for lights, less than ideal for lasers. And for NV setups, pressure pad, laser, illuminator, and switch placement gets really full. I don't care for a VFG on it. There are better replacement rails for that use case, but again, $$$.
Speaking of money, x95s are about $1800. A BCM RECCE is $1300, which leaves $500 for a RDS (retail prices).
The manual of arms, specifically reloading, is pretty different from the ubiquitous AR. Fast reloads take a lot of practice.
The LOP and overall size is quite a bit less than a standard AR, but it's not adjustable. You can't close the stock in a notch when wearing body armor, for example. The LOP is nice for shooting from a vehicle or quickly deploying from a vehicle, but outside of a pretty specific use case, that's not all that useful.
And then there's the whole unique design, vs 95%+ standard parts compatibility with any AR-style rifle you can get. So the armorer needs to be familiar with the design, and the standard channels for getting parts aren't available.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#32]
They don't look like Magpuls:

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  Looks like Troys

Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
His collar mic is hooked to a different radio behind his Taser, so he might've grabbed another organization's radio, or might be bringing that one to a teammate or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well shit. I didn't notice the shoulder mic cord.  Still f an Apex radio in a pants pocket.   I did that once.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top