BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Uys:
A Gunsite Scout with a hinged floorplate.  Or a M77 Frontier with Gunsite Scout sights and a forward rail.
View Quote

In .358 Winchester please! After the last few months I'm kinda burned out on buying mags.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:46:28 AM EDT
[#2]
RPR in 50BMG and 416 Barrett
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:47:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

Thanks for the notice, I put one in

Edit:: Cursed typos!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By psegnatelli:
They have a Contact the CEO bar on their menu. It closes and opens at times.  It's open now.

Thanks for the notice, I put one in
Sir,
I very much appreciate the great products Ruger has been putting out over the past decade or more.  A great mix of quality and price.

I have a Ruger American rifle in .300 Blackout, which is great, but having a 16" barrel for .300 Blackout is silly.  Registering as an SBR is another cost and delay, as is cutting and threading the barrel.  Other semi-custom makers are producing short .300 Blackout pistol-braced bolt actions at high prices.  There is a more mass-market niche for a light, handy, more affordable version that Ruger would be perfect to fill.  

Pistol-braced
8-9" barrel, threaded, 1:7 twist
AR mag compatible

I know you can do this after doing the 10/22 Charger and PC Charger.  Alternatively, more expansive but semiauto, a stretched PC Charger in .300 Blackout would be a great modern version of an M1 Carbine.

And it goes against my light, handy argument, but thanks for offering factory integrally suppressed 10/22 TD barrels.  One of those would go well for the RAR too (.300 BLK, tight twist).

Thanks and keep up the good work,
mPisi

Edit:: Cursed typos!!

Like this but $450: Remington 700 CP
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:01:24 AM EDT
[#4]
A 96/357 in stainless with a threaded barrel. Bring back the 96/22. P97 in 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The RPR in .223. Missed out when this was being produced.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd like to see a Mini-30 made for M-1 Carbine ctg.  If not that, will reluctantly accept a decent bolter with decent 10 shot mags--preferably more rds.

I'd also like to see Ruger offering at least the option to feed some of their rifles from the top, via stripper clips.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By raf:
I'd like to see a Mini-30 made for M-1 Carbine ctg.  If not that, will reluctantly accept a decent bolter with decent 10 shot mags--preferably more rds.

I'd also like to see Ruger offering at least the option to feed some of their rifles from the top, via stripper clips.
View Quote
Supposedly this is an outfit that makes and sells just that.  I already ordered one and had it sent to my gunsmith, I should check back on that one to see what he thinks
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
Supposedly this is an outfit that makes and sells just that.  I already ordered one and had it sent to my gunsmith, I should check back on that one to see what he thinks
View All Quotes

I've ordered some stuff from Cogburn Arsenal, and items received are gtg.  Unfortunately, he does not offer some items which I would like.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I've ordered some stuff from Cogburn Arsenal, and items received are gtg.  Unfortunately, he does not offer some items which I would like.
View All Quotes

Thanks for the vendor info fellas, I always like to see more bayonet infrastructure.  How strong is 3D-printed metal?  Every rifles needs a sling, bayonet, and light.
https://cogburnarsenal.com/product/two-part-clamp-on-bayonet-lug/
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks for the vendor info fellas, I always like to see more bayonet infrastructure.  How strong is 3D-printed metal?  Every rifles needs a sling, bayonet, and light.
View All Quotes

Can't directly answer your bayo-related question, but I know quite a few folks who have bought front sights and stripper clip guides from Cogburn, and I have yet to hear any complaints whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 12:37:54 AM EDT
[#11]
I would like to see Ruger expand the Hawkeye African line into non-safari calibers. Those rifles feel nearly perfect to me. Quick to the shoulder and they point and swing like a premium bird gun. I have one in .223 from a special run they did. They would be remarkable in .308 or 6.5C
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DvlDog:
I would like to see Ruger expand the Hawkeye African line into non-safari calibers. Those rifles feel nearly perfect to me. Quick to the shoulder and they point and swing like a premium bird gun. I have one in .223 from a special run they did. They would be remarkable in .308 or 6.5C
View Quote

To add to that... expand it to some actual, widely used safari calibers.  375 and 416 Ruger are not widely used and ammo is hard to find for them.  Why they don't make these rifles in 375 H&H, 416 Remington Magnum, 458 Lott, and 500 Jeffery is kind of baffling.  I understand not doing the 416 Rigby, 450 Rigby, and 505 Gibbs due to needing a full length magnum action... but there's no reason they can't open the long action up just slightly to fit the 375 H&H, 416 RM, 458 Lott, and 500 Jeffery in it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mike_nds:

9.3x62 is a no-brainer also.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mike_nds:
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

To add to that... expand it to some actual, widely used safari calibers.  375 and 416 Ruger are not widely used and ammo is hard to find for them.  Why they don't make these rifles in 375 H&H, 416 Remington Magnum, 458 Lott, and 500 Jeffery is kind of baffling.  I understand not doing the 416 Rigby, 450 Rigby, and 505 Gibbs due to needing a full length magnum action... but there's no reason they can't open the long action up just slightly to fit the 375 H&H, 416 RM, 458 Lott, and 500 Jeffery in it.

9.3x62 is a no-brainer also.

So they could all eight a year

Ruger built legit Safari guns that were priced really well but they didn’t sell well. My guess is that the people that want those caliber happily pay lots for them. CZ dropping their Safari guns makes me think I’m on the right track.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 5:45:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#15]
Make an inexpensive and reliable platform that will shoot .30 Carbine ammo accurately, and reliably.  If at all possible, allow the platform to use GI magazines.

Think about a syn-stocked, rifle with multiple optics options.  Either a decent bolter, or a semi-auto would do.

A modern-day substitute for the M-1 carbine that is reliable, accurate, and affordable.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, but in a more available/cheaper cartridge like 9mm or .45ACP.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:09:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#17]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Yes, but in a more available/cheaper cartridge like 9mm or .45ACP.
View Quote
No reason why such a rifle could not accomodate the .30 cal ctg (about the level of a .357 mag) as well as other common ctgs.  I agree.

Not saying to make such a rifle for the rimmed .357 Mag, or .44 Mag, but with some clever designing of the bolts (and extractors) might be possible.

Do whar Ruger did way back when.  They designed the P-90 pistol, originally, for full-house 10mm ctgs, and when that bubble burst, re-designed the P-90 for .45 ACP.  It's heavy and clunky because it was over-built for the 10mm, and modified for final .45 ACP version.  OTOH, almost an indestructible pistol.  I have multiple critical spare parts, for my P-90, and haven't touched one.  Also re-built OEM Ruger P-90 mags with Ruger kits that allowed an extra ctg in the mags.  Sadly, most of these parts/kits are no longer available.

Ruger P-90 accuracy?  I have a very nice S&W Custom Shop 625 .45 ACP revolver that shoots nicely. The Ruger P-90 does just as well in the accuracy dep't as the revolver, which is saying something for a self-loading pistol.  

Now that Ruger has investment casting and CNC machining down pretty well, perhaps future long arms can be built to best serve their intended ctgs without undue added weight.

I'm guessing that a lot of Ruger's in-house talent is being devoted to their recent acquisition of Marlin, so some other projects in the pipeline have been slowed down a bit.  Understandable.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By raf:Make an inexpensive and reliable platform that will shoot .30 Carbine ammo accurately, and reliably.  If at all possible, allow the platform to use GI magazines.
View Quote

The magazine is why M1 Carbine has the reputation for unreliability. These magazines just do not last at all. The only way to make M1 Carbine reliable is to switch it to another magazine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:29:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zaitcev] [#19]

Me too.  It's kinda a mystery.  Unless there is something stopping those that try.
View Quote

Design within the constraints of the PC family magwell is difficult. Making a business case is impossible.

I talked to one guy who said that Ruger should make M&P magwells. He was even realistic about the involved costs, so by his calculation Ruger needed to sell 10,000 M&P magwells to break even. I came to the same number. Only he thought it was a realistic to attain number and I thought it was nuts. The total production of both Carbines and Chargers is probably about 200,000.

The reason why Fraurem can sell the P320 magwells is that it's a hobby business - a guy with a 3D printer in his bedroom. It's not making any profit, even with free labor.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:01:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#20]
Originally Posted By zaitcev:

The magazine is why M1 Carbine has the reputation for unreliability. These magazines just do not last at all. The only way to make M1 Carbine reliable is to switch it to another magazine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zaitcev:
Originally Posted By raf:Make an inexpensive and reliable platform that will shoot .30 Carbine ammo accurately, and reliably.  If at all possible, allow the platform to use GI magazines.

I've had to re-vamp many M-1 Carbine GI  15- and 30-round mags with new springs to get them to full reliability.  Replacing the mag-latch lever with an updated one suitable for all mags, including the later 30-rd mags is essential as regards the M-1 Carbine.  Most of the innards of the elderly GI mags showed that they were seldom cleaned.  All mags need to be cleaned internally, periodically.

Cleaned GI mags, with new springs are almost always GTG, in my experience.  Unless the mags have been damaged somehow, then all bets are off.

I re-habbed some WW II 15-rd Carbine mags with rust holes, through the body of the mags, with new springs and followers.  No problem with them whatsoever.; just cleaned the inside of the body of the mag, really good, and used new springs and followers.  

Given all that, Ruger supplying a single 10-rd, RELIABLE factory mag with such firearms ought to tell everyone that maybe their old GI mags need some spring replacement.  Not hard to do.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#22]
...some Hawkeye rifles.

I have been looking for a Hawkeye Hunter in .308 for probably close to 2 years and I haven't found one anywhere. I do see plenty of Americans so I'm guessing that they are using limited resources to pump out the top sellers (assuming they sell more of the Americans than the Hawkeyes) but that's just a guess. I tried calling but they don't have an option for general inquiries and probably don't want to field a bunch of calls like that anyway.

Anyone have any inside knowledge?
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Make an inexpensive and reliable platform that will shoot .30 Carbine ammo accurately, and reliably.  If at all possible, allow the platform to use GI magazines.

Think about a syn-stocked, rifle with multiple optics options.  Either a decent bolter, or a semi-auto would do.

A modern-day substitute for the M-1 carbine that is reliable, accurate, and affordable.
View Quote

Yes please, I would buy two. Maybe three. I’d need a semi-auto though. I missed the M1Carbine salad days and Fulton is not in the cards right now.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:02:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Ruger PC Carbine Bullpup conversion stock

Ruger American bolt action in 9x19 for suppressed use

Ruger 2011 type hi-cap for ~$1000
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:30:26 AM EDT
[#25]
American Predator in 6mm ARC, w/ AR mags

And what @mPisi said, American pistol in 300blk
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:35:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GlutealCleft] [#26]
Ruger American in pistol cartridges.  Use the action size of the RAR.  Have it take pistol mags like the PCC.  
View Quote

I gotta say.  A bolt-action in .44 mag (or hey, 454 casull) with, say, a 10" threaded barrel would be... nice.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 5thLegion:
I have a simple request- Beretta 92 mag adapter for PC carbine

Also, a GP100 in .45LC (impossible IKR)
View Quote

Somebody is dreamin' of being unfaithful to his CX-4.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
I am baffled that nobody makes a variety of PC Carbine mag adapters. I was 100% confident that within a year of the rifle being released there would be one for every popular handgun made.
View Quote

I thought that too.  Great opening for the aftermarket.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TrailerTrash556:
I am baffled that nobody makes a variety of PC Carbine mag adapters. I was 100% confident that within a year of the rifle being released there would be one for every popular handgun made.

Glock mags are common and inexpensive so many people just go that way. I have a pile of them even when I’m in between glocks.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:

I gotta say.  A bolt-action in .44 mag (or hey, 454 casull) with, say, a 10" threaded barrel would be... nice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:
Ruger American in pistol cartridges.  Use the action size of the RAR.  Have it take pistol mags like the PCC.  

Ruger brought out threaded RCC (revolver caliber carbine ) 77's a while back. The .44's are only available in 18.5" barrels and it looks like they discontinued the non-threaded versions. imo .450 Bushmaster Ranches fill the .454 role. It would be nice if they took .450 AR mags, Ruger does make a .450 AR after all.

https://ruger.com/products/77Series7744/models.html
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#31]
PC Carbine in 10mm with Adjustable stock, Black Synthetic Chassis, and Aluminum Free-Float Handguard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 6:58:37 PM EDT
[#32]
   Make a functional non rotary magazine for the legacy RARR.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:10:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
One of my local shops has a 99/44 in stock. I handled it yesterday. It was . The action while having a short throw was not inspiring. The magazine capacity was pitifully small. The trigger was nothing to marvel about. The actual quality of the magazine was bad and the gun felt cheap.

They want $699 for it.
View Quote

This is kind of my feeling on Ruger products.
Lots of real good ideas that almost come together but just don't quite make it into the total package. Nasty triggers for the most , barrels that are kind of hit or miss.

The potential is there but mostly they just don't pull it off.

Don't get me wrong , I own several Mark I , II, and III models and several 10/22s that I have fixed up triggers to make them resonable decent shooters. Also one nice M77 with aftermarket trigger in 25-06 and a old army along with several single actions
Of course I have dumped a Ranch Rifle, a original PCC a bolt action 357 and several other Rugers that try as I might wouldn't shoot worth a darn
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#34]
A No.1 in .308. A Ruger-57 style/envelope pistol in .30 Carbine. Start putting good iron sights on rifles. I’d have bought one of the more recent .44 mag semi autos if it hadn’t hadn’t had the crappy folding rear sight.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Two things are in the way of magwell adapters for PC Carbine.

One, the technical challenge. It can be done aftermarket, but the result tends not to have a ton of slack in it. For some types of magazines it's almost impossible (e.g. Beretta 92).

Two, the low take rate. I already discussed this with a poster at Arfcom who wanted M&P magazines. His estimate was 10,000 sales. The reality is more like 100 sales across the whole nation. I'm pretty sure even Beretta would not sell more than 2,000, but more likely 500 adapters.

Personally I think Ruger would do well to offer a complete, clean-sheet redesign of the chassis to take the CZ Scorpion magazines, with the relocated magazine release. It would sell in low thousands too, but it can be priced somewhere under a grand. They might be able to shake a million out of that project, could be worth it for them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm broke AF right now, but if Ruger did come out with a magwell adapter for the M&P, I would buy one without hesitation.

I do understand why they went with support for Glock magazines.  And the fact that reliable 33 round Glock magazines are common helped them a lot there.

But some of us are weird and just don't like Glock pistols.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

View Quote

I want the RSM back.  Gloss blued metal, nicely figured safari style stock, quarter rib with express sights, barrel band sling swivel and front sight.  Add a drop box magazine that holds 4-5 rounds down instead of 3 (not a feature of the original RSM, IIRC).  Make it in a LH version.  They could stick with the current Hawkeye action as you mentioned; bonus points since they have a LH version of that action, unlike the old RSM magnum length action.  I'm sure they want to push their .375 and .416 cartridges, so the .375 H&H and .416 RM probably aren't in the cards, but they'd be nice options.  I'd really like to see a .458 WM or Lott.  The WM would be easy, probably just modified feed lips; the Lott would take a bit more doing.  I'm good with the weight of the .375 Rugers I have (7.75-8lbs bare) but I'd definitely want to see them beef up the barrel profile and stock on either .458 to get the bare rifle in the 9-10lb range and reduce the chance of the stock splitting.

I'm probably one of just a handful of people who wants a left-handed .458 WM Hawkeye "RSM," but I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  The idea of having a .458 bolt action has appealed to me for a long time, and for no logical reason whatsoever.  Given the rarity of LH .458's, current options are to luck into a good used one, or spend a fortune on a custom.  Since it would be purely a toy, a custom isn't in the cards.  Most of the older production LH models I'm aware of are awfully light for caliber, as are most of the semi-custom re-barrel jobs.  The RSM definitely didn't have that problem; if anything the .375 versions of them were way too heavy, but weight on the .458's seemed pretty good.

TLDR:  Left-handed Hawkeye in .458 WM with all of the old RSM features, plus 4-5 down capacity.  Make it weigh 9.5-10lbs bare.  Ship one to my LGS, and I'd even test it for free.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By securitysix:
I'm broke AF right now, but if Ruger did come out with a magwell adapter for the M&P, I would buy one without hesitation.

I do understand why they went with support for Glock magazines.  And the fact that reliable 33 round Glock magazines are common helped them a lot there.

But some of us are weird and just don't like Glock pistols.
View Quote

That's probably the deciding decision.
Are high-cap mags readily available for M&Ps or Berettas? Lots of fans of those, and other, handguns might just decide that grabbing a bunch of Glock sticks is the way to go with the Ruger and aren't concerned with magazine compatibility. At least it takes the same ammo.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By brachiosaur:

Are high-cap mags readily available for M&Ps or Berettas? Lots of fans of those, and other, handguns might just decide that grabbing a bunch of Glock sticks is the way to go with the Ruger and aren't concerned with magazine compatibility. At least it takes the same ammo.
View Quote

Beretta has 20 and 30 round factory magazines for the 92.  I believe they started offering them mainly for use in the CX4.  I have a few 30 rounders and they work as well as any other Beretta magazine; which is to say perfectly in my experience.  They are a little goofy hanging out of a handgun though.  Not sure about M&P high-caps.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:15:43 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

As far as the M&P goes, there are companies out there making extenders for the factory mags to add some capacity.  I'm pretty sure I've seen +3, +5, and +6 extensions, which would push you to 20, 22, or 23 rounds, respectively.

As far as complete magazines go, the only company I'm aware of making greater than 17 round mags for the M&P is ProMag.  They make a 32-rounder for the M&P.

I'm uncertain about the Beretta.
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 11:19:46 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
Beretta makes factory 20rd and 30rd maga for the 92 pattern.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 1:09:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SSBlack86] [#42]
More Scout rifles with hardwood stocks! I haven’t been able to find any new ones for sale anywhere for awhile now regardless of what stock is on it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Ruger PC Carbine Bullpup conversion stock
View Quote

I looked into a bullpup conversion of PC Carbine aftermarket. It can be done, but not cheaply. It's not only a plastic shell, many new parts are required. Ruger are in a better position only marginally.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Prior to Springfield bringing it back, I always wondered what Ruger could do with the Hi Power platform.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#45]
For the love of God where is my mini 14 in 350L?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:A 7/8 scale Mini-14 in 5.7 "Micro 14"
View Quote

I asked around and found that it may be feasible to make a PC Carbine/Charger in 5.7 on the cheap. The bolt bass required by a blowback 5.7 is borderline suitable. It is a little less than 9mm. So, they could trade some of the excessive bolt length in PC platform for increased action travel in support of a longer cartridge. Unfortunately, it requires the fire control to be re-formatted, because the hammer pin in their design must be located under the butt of the bolt, and as I mentioned we're making it shorter in this proposal. This opens a small can of worms because of versions without a pistol grip.

But it's going to be cheaper than making all new castings for "Micro-14" anyway.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 12:49:16 AM EDT
[#47]
How about the 99 in 500 mag
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 1:38:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By azpackrat20:
How about the 99 in 500 mag
View Quote

What is the 99?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:09:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

What is the 99?
View Quote

I believe the 99 was the Deerfield?
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 2:22:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WI-2021:

I want the RSM back.  Gloss blued metal, nicely figured safari style stock, quarter rib with express sights, barrel band sling swivel and front sight.  Add a drop box magazine that holds 4-5 rounds down instead of 3 (not a feature of the original RSM, IIRC).  Make it in a LH version.  They could stick with the current Hawkeye action as you mentioned; bonus points since they have a LH version of that action, unlike the old RSM magnum length action.  I'm sure they want to push their .375 and .416 cartridges, so the .375 H&H and .416 RM probably aren't in the cards, but they'd be nice options.  I'd really like to see a .458 WM or Lott.  The WM would be easy, probably just modified feed lips; the Lott would take a bit more doing.  I'm good with the weight of the .375 Rugers I have (7.75-8lbs bare) but I'd definitely want to see them beef up the barrel profile and stock on either .458 to get the bare rifle in the 9-10lb range and reduce the chance of the stock splitting.

I'm probably one of just a handful of people who wants a left-handed .458 WM Hawkeye "RSM," but I'd buy one in a heartbeat.  The idea of having a .458 bolt action has appealed to me for a long time, and for no logical reason whatsoever.  Given the rarity of LH .458's, current options are to luck into a good used one, or spend a fortune on a custom.  Since it would be purely a toy, a custom isn't in the cards.  Most of the older production LH models I'm aware of are awfully light for caliber, as are most of the semi-custom re-barrel jobs.  The RSM definitely didn't have that problem; if anything the .375 versions of them were way too heavy, but weight on the .458's seemed pretty good.

TLDR:  Left-handed Hawkeye in .458 WM with all of the old RSM features, plus 4-5 down capacity.  Make it weigh 9.5-10lbs bare.  Ship one to my LGS, and I'd even test it for free.
View Quote

Good point on the .375 and .416s - they probably don't want the others eating into their sales.  I am actually surprised the 375 Ruger hasn't caught on more because in addition to being able to be chambered in a long action, it also kicks the 375 H&H's ass in terms of performance.

And yeah I feel for you lefties.  I don't think Winchester or CZ chambered their safari guns in LH calibers, either?  I know Weatherby has done some of their bigger chambered guns in left handed models, but they're quite a bit more expensive if you're going for the 416 or 460 Weatherbys, plus you don't have a CRF action if that's something you want.  Does Sako to LH chamberings?  I know the Brown Bear and Kodiak come in safari calibers, but not sure if they do LHs?  They are hybrid CRF, though.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top