Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/13/2018 10:01:11 PM EDT
I love the Magpul fmg9 and the h&k mp7a1. But neither are attainable for me.

I have no issues adding another tax stamp but full auto is going to be our of my price range.

It has to be small. Guns like the scorpion are cool but a 9mm the size of an ar makes no sense to me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm basing my PDW build on the Barnes Precision PDW, with the MVB Industries ARC-X PDW stock,  in .300 Blackout.  Suppressor to be an Allen Engineering AEM2, most likely.  Suppressor recessed into handguard for maximum handiness.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Sbr a ps90
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
MP5 clone
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MP5 clone
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
MP5 clone
Quoted:
Sbr a ps90
These are both correct answers, with the mp5 being more correct
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
K conversion on a Scorpion is absolutely tiny.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MP5 clone
Quoted:
Sbr a ps90
And both quite expensive.  I was going to do the latter, but the $300+ barrel (and having to cut the existing barrel to remove it) was a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Brace or SBR a Glock. A Shockwave blade and an Endo Tactical adapter (for a Gen 3) makes a really nice setup and very light. Or the Mako stock and vfg seem very useful. Both options will require you to investigate some different sights, ideally a red dot as with one's eye that close to the rear sight, its hard to get an accurate picture.

I wouldn't discount the Scorpion. I handled one last week with the Tailhook brace and it felt very light, lighter than the Vector I'm most likely going to buy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have most of the guns mentioned. All are good options but the VZ61 is the only truly small pdw in my collection. Downsides are lack of optics, weaker Calliber but mine sure is fun and very easy to shoot and they are cheaper than most options listed and very quiet suppressed. You can have the gun, tax stamp, ammo and mags for less than $1000. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]
B&T TP9.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
B&T TP9.
View Quote
If OP is game for a stamp, this is the only correct option.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#11]
https://techsmithmfg.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fbt-tailhook-ready-brace-complete-no-tailhook
Quoted:
If OP is game for a stamp, this is the only correct option.
View Quote
There's a brace for it...no stamp needed.

and since it stays classed as a pistol.....more legal in cars in more places.

If op wanted to get a stamp, he be better off with a suppressor stamp.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]
B&T has a PDW based on a 9mm pistol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MP5 clone
View Quote
Lousy trigger, unreachable selector switch unless you have gorilla hands.   I still want one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lousy trigger, unreachable selector switch unless you have gorilla hands.   I still want one.
View Quote
The trigger is nothing to brag about, but I disagree with the selector being unreachable.  I think its in an easy to reach location.

I do kind of want a skorpion (VZ61), but I worry that the stock is a bit too short, and I question how much it will get used.  I think I'll get one eventually, but I think an ACP9 is next on my list
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The trigger is nothing to brag about, but I disagree with the selector being unreachable.  I think its in an easy to reach location.

I do kind of want a skorpion (VZ61), but I worry that the stock is a bit too short, and I question how much it will get used.  I think I'll get one eventually, but I think an ACP9 is next on my list
View Quote
What part of Ohio are you in? If you’re around the Dayton area you’re welcome to meet up at a range and try my vz 61 SBR.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I actually kind of liked the stock trigger but the franklin hk trigger really helps with both of those. Since I've started putting rounds through mine my semi mp5 clone has gone from neat range toy to something that has a legitmate use as a pdw.

Quoted:

Just buy one. You won't regret it. Its hands down the my favorite gun out of all I own.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#18]
SBR a Mini Uzi?

Disclaimer:  I have a Mini Uzi, but have left it with the 16.25" barrel.  The dealer that sold me the gun was very happy with his SBR Mini Uzi, and highly recommended spending the money on the stamp, engraving, and short barrel.  So, I am considering going that route eventually.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue.  Other posts list excellent choices as well.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#19]
You want a PDW to play with, or an actual PDW to carry?

Rifles have certain legal advantages in Texas, so I carry a SUB-2000 in a small shoulder bag as my secondary.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I like the PS90 SBR idea.

But I also like my FMG

Closest thing on the market is probably a B&T USW.

Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I wend down this rabbit hole myself. I realized I won't actually conceal carry it ,but I wanted something smaller than a rifle and bigger than a pistol. I put a Law Folder on my existing AR pistol in 300 and it's currently serving that role very well. Can still fit it in a backpack, but actually has rifle ballistics.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#22]
VZ-61
B&T TP-9
Mini Uzi
Glock with micro Roni

I own all of the above. They all work well, with tradeoffs. I'd like a USW but I think I am going to build my own version instead..
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Also, when you look at the numbers, this guy is a pretty good option too:

Not much bigger than a mini uzi and significantly lighter...

Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I like the PS90 SBR idea.

But I also like my FMG

Closest thing on the market is probably a B&T USW.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/imgres/1200x/Shooting/pro-zone/B-and-T-Universal-Service-Weapon-9mm-pistol/B-and-T-universal-service-weapon-pistol.jpg
View Quote
How is your fmg holding up? Is it functioning flawlessly yet? Anything you would change for whatever reason. There is another run of f
Kwa fpg's coming i might get one to attempt to convert.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MP5 clone
$37 fixes that

Selector- blackhowndown.gif
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Just to be clear this is just another gun to add to my collection but also maybe take the role of a nightstand gun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sbr a ps90
View Quote

Love mine
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Sbr a P320 and get the B&t usw stock. That, an rmr, omega 9k can and a weaponlight. Cheaper version of the usw a-1.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:35:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/BF63680D-B2EC-46EF-901F-7BA8BC4A0F9E-550674.jpg

Sbr a P320 and get the B&t usw stock. That, an rmr, omega 9k can and a weaponlight. Cheaper version of the usw a-1.
View Quote
No the b&t usw does it better. Nice options though. I'm going to shoot a p90 next week but I'm thinking I'm going to attempt to build an fmg9 out of an airsoft replica and other parts.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:27:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158773/BF63680D-B2EC-46EF-901F-7BA8BC4A0F9E-550674.jpg

View Quote
Does it have Indian MIM parts?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How is your fmg holding up? Is it functioning flawlessly yet? Anything you would change for whatever reason. There is another run of f
View Quote
No mechanical failures yet, still get the occasional stovepipe due to the top cover along with the Glock random ejection pattern.
I've opened up the ejection port as much as I'm comfortable with for now, still not as open as something like the roni
Worst case, I ruin a top cover. Good to know there will be more available soon.

Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any mods to get the p80 to fit?
View All Quotes
trigger guard area, beaver tail area, extended takedown pin area, and the metal cap at the front all needed a dremel/file.
Not too bad, but you should go slowly and check fit often. It seems like the slide on a P80 sits a little higher than a stock Glock.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Also, when you look at the numbers, this guy is a pretty good option too:

Not much bigger than a mini uzi and significantly lighter...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/MG_4679.jpg
View Quote
My dream gun. I will have one, and soon.

eta - for those who don't follow bullpups, that's the Kel Tec RDB-S Survival.

OP, also consider the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S2 Pistol Micro w/ Brace. It's a very small, 4" barrel Scorpion with a brace, so no NFA required.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s2-pistol-micro-w-brace/

But I like my PS90, it's a good PDW.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:39:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Kel Tec CMR 30 with barrel cut down.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 4:49:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Kel Tec CMR 30 with barrel cut down.
View Quote
About as close as we'll get to a MP7.

For now....

Would be neat if KT developed a 5.7 version.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:56:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@ajm1911

Would that work with a Glock 17L 3rd Gen?
View All Quotes
@Miami_JBT
The CAA website only lists 17 as a supported model for the micro roni, so I think that the 17L's extra slide length would not work with the metal part (like a nose cone?) at the front of the micro roni.
The regular roni (below) lists 34 and 35 as supported models, but even then the 17L is longer, correct?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT
The CAA website only lists 17 as a supported model for the micro roni, so I think that the 17L's extra slide length would not work with the metal part (like a nose cone?) at the front of the micro roni.
The regular roni (below) lists 34 and 35 as supported models, but even then the 17L is longer, correct?
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2194/4391/products/0001402_roni-stabilizer-roni-stab_1024x1024.jpg?v=1513889815
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2194/4391/products/0001402_roni-stabilizer-roni-stab_1024x1024.jpg?v=1513889815
Yup @ajm1911, the G17L is six inches.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Honey badger ish build? Q is coming out with parts shortly
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT
Well since the 17L is longer I think that the front of the slide would interfere with the front of the Roni shell and wouldn't work. Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:54:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No mechanical failures yet, still get the occasional stovepipe due to the top cover along with the Glock random ejection pattern.
I've opened up the ejection port as much as I'm comfortable with for now, still not as open as something like the roni

https://www.popularairsoft.com/files/imagesmore/caa_micro_roni_stab.jpg
View Quote
Just ordered my FPG. Planning to look it over and see what I can do. Any advice like trial and error you can give me? I am probably going to grab a Polymer 80 to use for parts for the lower section. I have read over your original thread and archived the pictures just in case they were to disappear lol. I am not sure how all this was for you but I am a mechanic so I am hoping I can tackle this and I am not just throwing money away. The damn FPG replica cost me $700 and whatever other parts I need ill probably end up spending $1200 with the tax stamp and I am not even sure I can do all this. But seriously I am giving this a try.

Thanks, for all your help!
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Let's do this with a Glock but make sure the optic rides on the frame and not the slide.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

About as close as we'll get to a MP7.

For now....

Would be neat if KT developed a 5.7 version.
View Quote
Gotta admit, if they do manage to get that to market I want one. Hell, I’d probably take it in 22 mag. Can’t really reload 5.7 anyway due to that coating they put on it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#45]
P-90 SBR or Q HoneyBadger...
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Sig mpx
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:45:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I found one of these helped with the random ejection I was having with my Glock. https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191895

Granted you're dealing with something unique.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I found one of these helped with the random ejection I was having with my Glock. https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191895

Granted you're dealing with something unique.
View Quote
Yeah that's probably the next step, I've done some reprofiling on the stock one and it seemed to help some.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Some amusement to be had at Glock's PDW attempt

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/05/29/sofic-18-possible-glock-sub-compact-weapon-concept/
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#50]
This is an interesting system

Fire Control Unit
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top