Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2023 12:22:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
For me lab-radar is the answer, mainly becuse of its accuracy and it does not go downrange, but sits right next to your firearm, plus works on anything, handgun/rifle/shotgun/airgun/bow...
Second to that is the magneto speed, its only real issue is it changes point of impact on most firearms, if that doesn't matter than its a great choice...
The last choice for me and the only choice of the old style chronographs is the 2nd generation of the caldwell, it places the sun screens  on the bottom and the computer on top to make it more usable in bright conditions, it also has a great app for running it..
 There is a new doppler type radar, called bullet seeker, it seems to be a great setup but it cost more than a labradar does..its called bullet seeker...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1025853863
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been looking at the Magnetospeed myself, mainly because of it's unique ability mount to a suppressor.

I have zero chronograph experience but really want to start dialing in my suppressed rifles.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Labradar all the way. I use mine suppressed without issue. I don’t own the trigger switch or whatever they call it either. Move it around and you will figure out where it likes to be.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
We have a Caldwell and it works for checking velocities and basic stuff but if I were in the market for a new chronograph and had the budget, I'd definitely choose a LabRadar in a second.  While you may not need one with all the extra features I bet you'd learn to appreciate all the extras.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top