Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2022 9:47:54 AM EDT
Submitted an eform1 for a 300 BLK SBR on Sunday, and didn't realize I made a mistake until after I submitted.  

I had originally uploaded my form 5320.23 with caliber listed as "multi" since that is what is stamped on the receiver.  When I got to the line item portion multi is not available as an option, and after some research I came to the conclusion that I need to pick what is stamped on my barrel even with the receiver having multi, so I entered 300.  I updated my form 5320.23 changing multi to 300 as well so they would match, and re-attached it thinking it would replace my original 5320.23. I then proceeded to submit the entire package.

I was wrong, now my form 1 is in submitted status with 2 form 5320.23s attached that are ever so slightly different.  Was wanting a fast turnaround, but figure I just delayed this with this error.  Is there anything I could/should do right now, or just wait to be contacted?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I made a mistake in one as well, and this is what I received back from the ATF:

To withdraw or void an application please submit a signed letter outlining your request to withdraw, your letter should be dated and include all applicant information, a copy of the submitted or approved form is also helpful to verify your application.

If the form was already approved and is a paper form that has a tax stamp affixed the original must be returned to ATF in order to void.  

These requests can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to: NFA Division – IPB, 244 Needy Rd Ste 1120, Martinsburg, WV 25405.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Not what you want to hear, but the simplest thing would be to wait on disapproval and resubmit. Eliminates the confusion of 2 applications in the system at the same time. On the plus side, approval on eForm 1 has been 2-3 weeks for me. And who knows, you might get it approved anyway.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not what you want to hear, but the simplest thing would be to wait on disapproval and resubmit. Eliminates the confusion of 2 applications in the system at the same time. On the plus side, approval on eForm 1 has been 2-3 weeks for me. And who knows, you might get it approved anyway.
View Quote

Mine wasn't, because I screwed up 4h which is what I am supposed to engrave on a SBR. They'll kick it out in another 5 business days since I didn't submit print cards for it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#5]
You have to wait until it gets to an examiner or you can call to cancel that number.

From my experience messing up two times, it was still approved that day it was denied when I resubmitted that morning and it was approved 2 hours later.

One was for my Colt M4A1 and the other from the AMD65.
I did M4A1 instead of M4A1 carbine and I did AMD65 when it supposed to be AMD 65

yes...whatever..

Link Posted: 8/9/2022 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Update:

Low and behold, I decided to email [email protected] yesterday to explain my issue.  This morning I had a reply from the ATF stating they removed the extra form for.  I just checked, and it has been removed.  Looks like I'm still good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top