Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/20/2022 5:24:53 PM EDT
Ordered an Ontario SP10 Raider. I’m going to rehandle it in leather, which requires a pommel to do. I need a longer pommel like what’s on the Buck 119 and a lot of older traditional knives. I need to be able to drill it from the sides so I can pin it to the factory location without losing handle length. It’s also a decent size hole in the tang.

Problem is I can’t find one. Knife kits has one disc that won’t work and bunch of dragons, tigers, penises, and other cheesy crap. The Buck 119 tang (or one like it) would be perfect, but Buck won’t sell them. Anyone know a source for something like this?

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Grab a chunk of aluminum and a file.
If you have access to a milling machine, this would also be acceptable.
I made a cross guard out of stainless with a drill press and a file.
Won't do that again.

If you haven't already been there, check out texas knifemakers supply, and knifekits.com.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I checked out knife kits and it’s mostly dragons and other cheesy stuff. Looking on eBay my best bet might be a sword pommel.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
@olds442tyguy

OP,
What about micarta. I rehandled this Ontario years ago and it’s still going strong.
I also did a Raider for my brother, and he has beat the shit out of it. Unfortunately I don’t have pics.
You can either do the complete handle, or just the pommel, it’s very tough stuff.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@olds442tyguy

OP,
What about micarta. I rehandled this Ontario years ago and it’s still going strong.
I also did a Raider for my brother, and he has beat the shit out of it. Unfortunately I don’t have pics.
You can either do the complete handle, or just the pommel, it’s very tough stuff.
https://i.postimg.cc/y8JfxvGH/IMG-1720.jpg
View Quote

How did you do the Raider? I figured it’d be a problem for wood/micarta/G10 since it only has one hole in the tang.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How did you do the Raider? I figured it’d be a problem for wood/micarta/G10 since it only has one hole in the tang.
View Quote

I used a block of micarta. Hollowed it out for the tang, epoxy and a pin. Then you can shape it however you want.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:08:07 AM EDT
[#6]
If this were GD, I'd suggest you ensure it is threaded so you can end your opponents rightly...    
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top