Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 10/4/2020 3:07:57 PM EDT
I had to sand/ file down the hammer on my colt M16A1 to get my 22 kit to work perfectly. I have run it this way for several years in 22 and 5.56.

I was just cleaning it and thought about what I could have screwed up by allowing the hammer to move forward further.

The hammer is not hitting the back of the magazine well.

Thanks for your thoughts
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do you think it is screwed up?
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as you’re using a standard-length firing pin on whatever upper receiver you’re running, that firing pin will be the limit of forward hammer travel, even if you altered the profile of the hammer face. On an AR lower receiver which doesn’t have an upper receiver attached, the hammer would strike the bolt release before it can arc forward enough to hit the lower receiver.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks. I did not take much off. Just got it level.
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. I did not take much off. Just got it level.
View Quote

You should be fine then. Sounds like you got it to work good.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top