Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2021 7:14:09 PM EDT
Hornady LnL AP with unique parts case feeder and Kevin Roberts collator
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
looks cool.  A camera down the middle of the toolhead would be useful for checking powder charges
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks cool.  A camera down the middle of the toolhead would be useful for checking powder charges
View Quote

Tried.  Too many shadows.  Blasting it with light just makes more shadows.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful! Sure doesn't look overdone to me.
I only use an angled mirror on my case loader and go till I'm tired.
I've also got a buzzer when my primers are low.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:11:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Beautiful! Sure doesn't look overdone to me.
I only use an angled mirror on my case loader and go till I'm tired.
I've also got a buzzer when my primers are low.
View Quote

My alarm goes off when the follower rod drops.  So if it's going off, I'm out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Do yourself a favor and get the Short ergo roller handle if most of your loading will be pistol caliber. Your palm will thank you!
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do yourself a favor and get the Short ergo roller handle if most of your loading will be pistol caliber. Your palm will thank you!
View Quote

Absolutely this! Incredible difference in running the press.

Your mods are nowhere too much, very nice job.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I got the ergo roller from inline and hate it.  Don't know if it's the short or long.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my roller handle from Ultimate Reloader a LONG time ago.  I like it, but I'm tall.

I set up a camera to monitor powder drops.  It hangs off the outside of the tool deck and "looks" in at an angle.  It works pretty well.

On the other hand, since Double Alpha came out with an electronic powder check die that doesn't require a shell plate sensor the way Dillon's does, when I set up the LnL next, that Double Alpha unit is going on it.  I really like that extra insurance that I haven't screwed up a powder throw.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got my roller handle from Ultimate Reloader a LONG time ago.  I like it, but I'm tall.

I set up a camera to monitor powder drops.  It hangs off the outside of the tool deck and "looks" in at an angle.  It works pretty well.

On the other hand, since Double Alpha came out with an electronic powder check die that doesn't require a shell plate sensor the way Dillon's does, when I set up the LnL next, that Double Alpha unit is going on it.  I really like that extra insurance that I haven't screwed up a powder throw.
View Quote

If I had another station I'd use one.

I don't want to give up my crimp die
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I got the ergo roller from inline and hate it.  Don't know if it's the short or long.
View Quote

I bought one off the EE years ago and was happy with it but as I started loading more/longer sessions it kept getting loose so finally I took it off. Maybe I'll look back at it again.

Very nice setup!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#11]
LOVE IT!  

Only way this gets better is if you have automated canned air periodically blowing out the primer shuttle area.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#12]
overboard is a concept for the weak.  That sir is how one should do it.  A tip of the hat to you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LOVE IT!  

Only way this gets better is if you have automated canned air periodically blowing out the primer shuttle area.
View Quote

...... I've been looking for a mini pneumatic setup.......
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Can you tell me about the round counter? I am in the process of setting up my LNL and that would be a cool upgrade to do.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can you tell me about the round counter? I am in the process of setting up my LNL and that would be a cool upgrade to do.
View Quote

Just a cheap ass up/down counter from Amazon with a micro switch to trigger it.  I'm just using the shell plate to trigger it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Just a cheap ass up/down counter from Amazon with a micro switch to trigger it.  I'm just using the shell plate to trigger it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you possibly provide a link? I am not sure of the search words I am using are not correct but, I am not getting stuff like what you used.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:56:17 PM EDT
[#17]
You will probably have to supply the power to whatever digital counter you buy.  Fortunately the various little plugin dc power supplies are cheap.  Every time I toss a gizmo, its power supply goes in the project parts box.  The only mods my AP has besides low primer alarm is the powder measure activated counter (microswitch feeding an old A-B 5/03 with a PanelView 150), and an extremely bright blue LED that shines up through the case if the primer is missing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top