Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2023 10:03:09 PM EDT
So I made an out of character impulse buy today, I’m not normally one who does this but the warden was there and she made me do it

I’ve been trying to liquidate and consolidate my inventory to strictly hunting arms and a select few duty and defense firearms with the intent of training more and gaining proficiency with said few. Then I saw this…

For now I’m going to steal my 3-15 PST ffp off my spr, I need to order a set of rings. Suggestions?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
By and large, most people really enjoy their Bergara rimfires.  That's a damn nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m an absolute sucker for just about anything rimfire and my club is an NRL affiliate. The action and trigger are quite nice for an out of the box rifle too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Spend the $ on a tad higher grade of ammo - I like the SK Std+
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m eager to see how it shoots, it’s my only Bergara.

I ordered some Vortex pro rings yesterday too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know how these compare to the CZ line?
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got the same rifle and use it to shoot NRL22 matches.  

It's accurate as shit.

But, I still haven't worked out the issue with the extractor claw opposite the ejection port letting loose of the spent brass too early.  The spent case ends up loose above the magazine,bouncing around in there jamming things up.  

Hopefully, OP won't have the same issue.  Here's a good thread describing the issue and some of the potential solutions...

B-14R on Sniper's Hide
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 2:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got the same rifle and use it to shoot NRL22 matches.  

It's accurate as shit.

But, I still haven't worked out the issue with the extractor claw opposite the ejection port letting loose of the spent brass too early.  The spent case ends up loose above the magazine,bouncing around in there jamming things up.

Hopefully, OP won't have the same issue.  Here's a good thread describing the issue and some of the potential solutions...

B-14R on Sniper's Hide
View Quote

Finally got mine out last weekend. I zeroed it and my kids put about 160 rounds thru it. Initial impressions, it's silly accurate but holee phuc is it finicky!

Between the failures to eject, double feeds, and jammed rounds I am quite disappointed, especially at the price point. In those 160-ish rounds there were at least a dozen stoppages and several where I had to drop the mag. I'm going to put another 500 rounds through it but if it remains the same it's gone. I can't accept basic operations being that poor.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Finally got mine out last weekend. I zeroed it and my kids put about 160 rounds thru it. Initial impressions, it's silly accurate but holee phuc is it finicky!

Between the failures to eject, double feeds, and jammed rounds I am quite disappointed, especially at the price point. In those 160-ish rounds there were at least a dozen stoppages and several where I had to drop the mag. I'm going to put another 500 rounds through it but if it remains the same it's gone. I can't accept basic operations being that poor.
View Quote
Go to the Sniper's Hide link as suggest and go over to the Bergara forums on Rimfire Central.....there could be an easy fix or two for this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top