Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm looking to replace the 1.5x with the 3.0x.
I was planning on waiting till Steyr did another sale.
But, what's the going price for a used one? The 1.5x I got for $200/delivered.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm looking to replace the 1.5x with the 3.0x.
I was planning on waiting till Steyr did another sale.
But, what's the going price for a used one? The 1.5x I got for $200/delivered.
View Quote
I don't know. The new 3x scopes are listed on Steyr's site for $600. I see new ones listed on GB for $529. 1 sold for $250 on GB. Not a whole lot of scopes, 3x selling on the used marked. I say anything under $400 and you're doing well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought mine with a NATO stock because I have a big ol pile of AR mags but looking back I think I may have liked the AUG stock better for the bolt release.  I could have bought 10 AUG mags and been good to go most likely, but oh well hindsight and all that.  I have ran reload drills on my timer and gotten to with 1-1.5 or so seconds of an AR reload running the charging handle.  My current reload cycle basically uses my left hand for everything.  So strip mag from stock, retrieve and insert new mag, run charging handle.  I've tried to do the HK style of reload by locking the charging handle back on the way back to drop the mag but the mechanics involved in locking it to the rear at speed under the timer produced too many missed attempts so I went back the simpler run the charging handle technique.
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with the with Steyr stock on mine mainly because the gun shipped NIB with 5 magazines so I just got a few more from 44mag. Went with the 1.5x Steyr A3 scope. Mine has just been sitting in my safe the last couple of years and I've just gotten around to fondling it and really love the balance and feel of it. I picked up the Corvus case deflector a while back and just got the Corvus mag release today and slapped it on. The bare side rail needed something so I put a Inforce WMLx, not a great spot but I'm not an operator and it's better than no light at all IMO.
Obligatory pic
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Why did you swap to the Corvus parts? Failure to eject the mag? I watched some videos but never had any issues myself(full disclosure: I haven't tried to "run it" so that may bring on failures for me)and at the price I wasn't ina hurry to FO the cash.

I think I remember hearing talk of some guys hitting the mag eject with their loaded mag for quicker reloads but I can't place where so I could have dreamed it as well.

Originally I bought an MSAR and it came with the Manticore shell deflector which worked for me although I got lots of heat about it on the range AND it has come off the stock and stayed in the bag.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I originally got the Corvus brass deflector just to keep the cases from marring the stock and for weak side shooting (which I never really do anyway). The original release wasn't horrible, but the enhanced one does have more surface area and does not need to be depressed into the stock to release the magazine.
One thing about the Corvus enhanced magazine release, being aluminum and magazines being plastic/polymer, it initially erodes a little path on the plastic magazine catch platform on the magazines. It's not horrible but I did contact Corvus regarding it. They responded that they did see the same wear/erosion in their development and testing and it is  normal and self limiting and never affects functionality in any way.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think I remember hearing talk of some guys hitting the mag eject with their loaded mag for quicker reloads but I can't place where so I could have dreamed it as well.
View Quote
That's one method I've seen as well which I've tried on occasion.  Not all my my mags fall free from the nato stock even standard aluminum ones so considering how hit or miss it was for my specfic stock I just decided that stripping it on the way down to get another mag was the better option in my case.   I don't use the paddle on the back of the magwell though I use the "button" on the side.  I'll have to do a video to demo it but I grab the mag push the little button with my thumb then strip the mag and then the rest of the process.  I found using the paddle to release on the back was causing me to hang up sometimes as I was pulling while pushing the paddle.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the great vid jeepin! But I don't have muscle memory of anything much anymore. I'll work on it.

When I bought my MSAR then AUG there wasn't much talk of a NATO stock(even though my MSAR came with one)so I went deep with AUG mags from Numricks(sp?)then bought from whoever had the discounted ones.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Not my sales, but, there are some receivers and parts kits floating around Buddy's site.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top