Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2020 2:38:32 AM EDT
But they are hard as fuck to find. Does nobody like this shotgun?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:44:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's almost like a cult following. They're cool, and most people who have them love them. It's one of those things that if you just can't fight the urge to buy it and you have the money to burn, you should just go for it.

They are more expensive and less practical than the M2. Current versions are cylinder bore fixed choke and pistol grip only unless you can get your hands on one of the LE models with the collapsible stock.

Mine sits in my safe and probably hasn't been fired in 3 or 4 years.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I went through a shotgun phase. Had them all, shot a lot and modded everything. Only one I wish I had back was my M3. Much lighter than M4 and just cooler than an M1 or M2.

They pop up from time to time. I go looking a couple times a year. Eventually I'll grab one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one, love it. Always wanted one ever since I turned 18 and bought my first shotgun (a Benelli super-nova).

They do seem to be few and far between.

A local shop has one, but it's pretty beat, and they are asking $1,100. Been there for at least a few months.

I snagged mine from my local Cabelas, happen to stop in one day on a whim, and they had one in the case (used). Put it on hold and went back that weekend to buy it.

One other selling point for me was that mine was owned by the late Tom Knapp, and has paperwork verifying that. Between the awesome history and the fact that I always wanted one, I bought it.

Yes, they do seem to have a little of a cult following, and they are kinda a specialty item being that they can switch from semi to pump.

Heres mine:

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:41:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

They're very cool shotguns, mine has been flawless.

Link Posted: 5/18/2020 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked around for one after seeing one in the last Rambo movie. I guess they're discontinued and seem pricey.
View Quote

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/868863043
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I wanted a SKU 11608 M3, but literally the moment I started shopping for one at the beginning of April their average sale price jumped from $1500 to $2500 and they all sold out within a week.

I don’t know what the fuck happened, if it featured in a popular movie or what and I just happened to pick the exact wrong moment to try and buy one.

The only 3 left on the market it seems are at Botach, and they won’t sell to anyone but LEOs.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I looked around for one after seeing one in the last Rambo movie. I guess they're discontinued and seem pricey.
View Quote

I didnt think they were discontinued, just on a batch type system like USPs and SCARs
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want to scratch that itch without breaking the bank, the TriStar TEC-12 is a decent M3 clone for $500.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quite the contrary. The reason you're having trouble finding one, is because those of us who have them aren't letting them go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top