Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2019 11:08:28 PM EDT
Having taken two classes with Kyle Defoor has gotten me into knives a little more than I had been. I bought a Headhunter Rat after taking a class with Kyle last fall. I love the Rat, but of course, I wanted something slightly larger. I would prefer a 4-4.25" lade, but I'm not seeing that length in a fixed blade knife that I like. One of the best features of the Headhunter blades is that their sheaths are Ambidextrous. This isn't a feature that a Kydex maker can accommodate on many knives. The base of the handle has to be taken into consideration when designing the knife. That's why HH blades have the groove machined into the scales.

So, they dangle their annual 30% Discount in front of me and my wife gives me too many Guinness Stouts and I just ordered one. I look forward to getting it and one of the best things is that I don't have to buy another sheath, or worse yet need to send it to the Kydex maker.

If it weren't for the sheath issue, I would have bought one of these:

Link Posted: 5/28/2019 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a sexy design, I'm not sure its $550 worth of sexy. Especially for AUS8 steel.
But it looks like it will do what its designed to do.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a sexy design, I'm not sure its $550 worth of sexy. Especially for AUS8 steel.
View Quote
Even with the 30% discount, it's $385, so yea, it's a want and certainly not a need .
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it looks badass! That reminds me, I need to get a hold of TK Steingass so that he can make my knife! I called him about a year ago to place an order. He asked me to send an email for the order because he can't hear over the phone very well. I forgot to do that and when I called him a few months ago he couldn't make my knife because he had written down the specs somewhere and lost the piece of paper...and I never emailed him.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, AUS-8 is what...a Gen. 1 SS from the 80s?

Chris
Link Posted: 5/31/2019 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, AUS-8 is what...a Gen. 1 SS from the 80s?

Chris
View Quote
I was going to go to their website until I read aus-8...
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 3:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]
It’s a beautiful design.
My point was for the price there are much better high performance stainless steels.
AUS8 is not trash it has its place, but i think they’re asking too much for AUS8.
That being said there are high end blade “artists” using 1095 and commanding huge prices, which you’re paying for a name at that point.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top