Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2020 10:01:23 PM EDT
Around 2003 pr 04, before Katrina, my local gunstore ordered a STG58 for a customer and he back out of buying, lost his deposit and the owner sold it to me for the balance the guy owed....maybe $700 if I recall.

I remember it was a STG58 and had some foreign parts assembled onto DSA receiver?  Maybe?  Dont remember all of the details.  I sold it two years later, did not shoot it much.  Had the carry handle and built in bipod, 16" barrel with a short long gas system...

What did I have?  What would be the equivalent DSA rifle today?  

Thanks,

Bronc
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an SA58, and an STG58.  My understanding is that the SA58 is all-new DSA construction, whereas the STG58 is a new DSA receiver with parts kit construction.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
@77Bronc
They had both fixed stock and para versions at the time.  Austrian parts kits and barrels. The para as I understand it is not authentic to actual  Austrian FAL but DSA put some of the parts kits together with para stocks and US made barrels..  Though that is only uninformed internet info.

STG-58CP FAL at CRC Sept 2018

Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:00:41 AM EDT
[#3]
They made 18 and 21 inch and I think the para was.18. The serial numbers where mixed in with S.A. 58 rifles

However the serial number had capitol A or B or C ect  depending on the model. Some had a brake that looked like a Stoll if it was before ban ended

I have a 21.inch with a A behind.it had the brake replaced.
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 4:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
03-04 you probably had a true blue Austrian STG58 kit with Austrian barrel with balance of 922r parts, quite good honestly maybe even matching numbers.

Sellers remorse I think it's called
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I do recall it being a matching number rifle.  I was built like a tank, heavy as hell, reliable and not too accurate....maybe 3.5 MOA at best, but you could tell it was built for one thing.  I really wish I would have kept it now.  If I recall, a good kick on the recoil.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top