Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:05:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seems the time to expedite would have been before everyone that knew where things are left the building.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Seems the time to expedite would have been before everyone that knew where things are left the building.

IME the building gets locked down until auditors/accountants come in and sort things out. There was a point though when they should have stopped taking in repairs.

Quoted:
Who is on the hook for the items? If the company no longer exists whose ass is on the line? Honest question. I'm sure there is a reasonable answer I would like to know what it is.

The Responsible Person on the FFL.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

IME the building gets locked down until auditors/accountants come in and sort things out. There was a point though when they should have stopped taking in repairs.

The Responsible Person on the FFL.
View Quote

In companies like AAC is that person an owner or employee?

No doubt this has all been done before I'm just curious how it works. The potential for a box full of returns to get lost in the shuffle or paperwork on who owns what getting mixed up/lost seem high. Hopefully they are all in a safe somewhere just waiting for a bean counter to find them.

What I have seen when larger companies go tits up is no one gives a shit, some things disappear, some get destroyed and no one who knew how anything worked is around anymore.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

In companies like AAC is that person an owner or employee?

No doubt this has all been done before I'm just curious how it works. The potential for a box full of returns to get lost in the shuffle or paperwork on who owns what getting mixed up/lost seem high. Hopefully they are all in a safe somewhere just waiting for a bean counter to find them.

What I have seen when larger companies go tits up is no one gives a shit, some things disappear, some get destroyed and no one who knew how anything worked is around anymore.
View Quote

Typically would be the head of compliance and/ or the plant manager at that physical location.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
AAC received my 7.62SD on September 16t for a latch repair (worn teeth)

I reached out to them today on their live chat service on the AAC website.   The person speaking “Mitchell” said they are behind and have a 12-18 week backlog and aren’t even accepting any new repairs until they are caught up.  

I’m considering just telling them to send me it back and then get a  mount conversion done.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Don’t panic.

The new owner has to get running.  They will assume inventory and sort it...give it a month.
View Quote

Maybe
But in the mean time I’d have a paper trail to the ATF
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Its funny they can not / will not contact you but yet they still have someone manning there social media feeds. Just the other day AAC reposting something in IG.

just 3 hrs ago

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
OP or anyone else with any Remington group products out for service needs to contact the ATF ASAP to get this resolved.  Why you have not done so already is beyond me because: Remington/AAC is NOT going to repair your can/other firearm and it will likely end up either stolen or in a dumpster.

Also, the last time AAC was sold it was IIRC essentially just the name and IP (that was not even a bankruptcy).
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OP or anyone else with any Remington group products out for service needs to contact the ATF ASAP to get this resolved.  Why you have not done so already is beyond me because: Remington/AAC is NOT going to repair your can/other firearm and it will likely end up either stolen or in a dumpster.
View Quote

Get this - someone actually contacted AAC today and it appears their FFL is still active and they are doing work.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Jesus, rough few days for KB companies
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Some companies hire consultants to manage social media, catalogs, or even websites.  I've seen pitches for the services in the past.
View Quote

Probably with them. You  can tell there is  no soul to the account. Lol
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Get this - someone actually contacted AAC today and it appears their FFL is still active and they are doing work.
View Quote

If the factory doors are locked I find this hard to believe.  Gets back to the "drive up to the building" suggestion.  Where exactly is your suppressor, and who exactly is working on it?  Are they in compliance with the terms of their FFL?  Has the business/ unit / sub-company been transferred?

If you can actually locate it, get it back ASAP and try again when this is all sorted out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:27:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Today was an absolute cluster fuck at work.

Tomorrow I will be making time to call the ATF branch in Huntsville, where AAC happens to be located. I’ll update y’all after I start the circle jerk process.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Nothing is going to happen to your suppressor OP, it will get fixed and returned, or returned without being fixed.

all you can do right now is be patient.

your can will not be destroyed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 12:45:11 PM EDT
[#16]
The ATF NFAD has also lost or mistakenly destroyed firearms.  It's a small number but not zero.  Maybe you don't want them to take over the inventory at AAC?  I don't have a dog in the fight either way at this time.  

If AAC is actually open for business with paid employees (with paychecks that clear) ... Will that continue after PSA closes the sale?  If PSA only bought the design and name and IP, then what is the end game for AAC physical property?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://oig.justice.gov/reports/2018/a1821.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjbu4u59aLsAhUZac0KHdS1Dhs4FBAWMAd6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw0jz1lzLlT8Ntxe-R06wXGN
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Try this-

1816 Remington Cir SW
Huntsville, AL 35824
(270) 970-8421

Call this number. You are NOT calling AAC. There is no AAC. AAC is a brand. Nothing more to them. It's like Rem-Oil or Core-Lokt. You need to believe that.

You want to speak to the compliance department. Preferably to the compliance manager for Remington IN Alabama. They have facilities in NY, KY, NC, and AL. Be sure you are speaking to someone IN Huntsville.

Explain the situation. Remain calm. Request your silencer is sent back immediately. If it cannot be then ask how the situation can be rectified or who you need to contact to get it back.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Try this-

1816 Remington Cir SW
Huntsville, AL 35824
(270) 970-8421

Call this number. You are NOT calling AAC. There is no AAC. AAC is a brand. Nothing more to them. It's like Rem-Oil or Core-Lokt. You need to believe that.

You want to speak to the compliance department. Preferably to the compliance manager for Remington IN Alabama. They have facilities in NY, KY, NC, and AL. Be sure you are speaking to someone IN Huntsville.

Explain the situation. Remain calm. Request your silencer is sent back immediately. If it cannot be then ask how the situation can be rectified or who you need to contact to get it back.
View Quote

Already done that buddy. Obviously, I called. That is the same building where my silencer sits. I was told there are NO factory or labor workers there, they are all furloughed. They have no idea IF or WHEN they will be back. The guy I spoke to could give me NO solution for getting my suppressor fixed or returned. Why? Because there is NOBODY there to process a return shipment. It sounded like he was the only one there and was just answering phone and waiting for marching orders.

I called both the Huntsville and Birmingham ATF branches and it goes straight to voicemail. I did leave a message.

They probably turned their phones off since the Honey Badger pistol ban...
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#20]
The suppressor market boomed for a while.  The bubble burst.

I always say to pick a company that is going to be around.  That just isn't working out very well for anyone.  All the things be changing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Its funny they can not / will not contact you but yet they still have someone manning there social media feeds. Just the other day AAC reposting something in IG.

just 3 hrs ago

View Quote
Maybe it is a bot like UPS uses to run you around in circles, and never provide an answer for what you need..............
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Finally thought of a similar case. What happened to customer pistols when Hudson closed?  That wasn't NFA but I thought reading was a shit show.

Is the compliance department the name on the FFL?
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Huntsville PD might be able to help. (256) 722-7100
Usually PDs have key holder info for large businesses like that. Maybe they could put you in touch with someone who can access your silencer?

You'd probably have to go there, but generally LE will help someone recover property.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Finally thought of a similar case. What happened to customer pistols when Hudson closed?  That wasn't NFA but I thought reading was a shit show.

Is the compliance department the name on the FFL?
View Quote

When Hudson closed all pistols in their warranty department disappeared.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I called both the Huntsville and Birmingham ATF branches and it goes straight to voicemail. I did leave a message. .
View Quote

Please let me know their response.  I never got through to anyone at AAC today.  They've had mine in for a latch repair since end of July.
If I'd known, I would've just gotten in line at ECCO and did a direct thread conversion.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I lost one to a gunstore going out of business.

Had it on consignment at a gun store when they were closed due to some petty ATF violations.   ATF agent contacted me to verify that it was mine, and then went radio silent and never returned a phone call or email.   I never got it back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:51:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Please let me know their response.  I never got through to anyone at AAC today.  They've had mine in for a latch repair since end of July.
If I'd known, I would've just gotten in line at ECCO and did a direct thread conversion.

View Quote

@Chowser

Wow, July?

Ok, we need to keep each other up to date. My next route is to contact an ATF Field Agent in Mobile, through a business associate. I've had no luck in getting any ATF branch on the phone, nor a returned call.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#29]
If you are calling ATF and they are not answering, it is because they are teleworking.  Too easy to email them (which you should do anyway to keep a paper trail).
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 4:25:54 AM EDT
[#30]
nevermind
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#31]
They will have to close out the FFL in AL, which means they have to transfer everything out of their book in one way or another. That doesn’t require an AAC specific worker, it will likely be whoever is left at Remington to clear up these type of issues. Probably their compliance department.

I would bet customer suppressors in for repair will be returned to the owners without repair. All other inventory and FFL items will be transferred to whoever bought the physical assets or auctioned/donated somewhere.

They can destroy the items and mark them as so in the books but there doesn’t seem to be much of a reason to do that if they sold their physical assets and know who to return the customer suppressors to.

Once the FFL books are empty, the ATF will come by to pick up the records and make sure there are no loose ends. OP, I would keep checking back every couple of weeks. It’s likely the person who you talked to was a lower level person getting laid off and doesn’t know how they’ll handle the FFL items.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#32]
I’ve had a couple e-mail exchanges with Katie at AAC over the last few days, so at least they are communicating with me.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I’ve had a couple e-mail exchanges with Katie at AAC over the last few days, so at least they are communicating with me.

[email protected]
View Quote

I had tried that email address leading up to me calling and getting the guy on the phone.

What are you emailing about?
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I bought a pair of (non-NFA) AAC Blast Outs to do just that. The latch on the 51T blast-out is the same as the latch on their 51T cans.

When I run out of latches, my cans will be converted to something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to do the same with one of mine

Gonna convert it instead. Just sucks when you spend so much on mounts that ruin the can. I wish I could change that latch out myself.

I bought a pair of (non-NFA) AAC Blast Outs to do just that. The latch on the 51T blast-out is the same as the latch on their 51T cans.

When I run out of latches, my cans will be converted to something else.

@BIGSHOOTER414
@Pneumagger

I just ordered a 51T Blastout for the hell of it. I obviously don't have my suppressor in front of me and hoping to be able to get it back somehow. Have you done the latch replacement yet? I can't remember if the pin that holds the latch is open or exposes on both sides....do drive it out.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#35]
@alpha0815

It's open on both sides from what I can see in the pics. Expensive as heck for what your getting but in the grand scheme its the best deal going I guess for a busted latch.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@alpha0815

It's open on both sides from what I can see in the pics. Expensive as heck for what your getting but in the grand scheme its the best deal going I guess for a busted latch.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482262/51T_blast-out__11_123443_jpg-1630628.JPG  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482262/51T_blast-out__11_12344243_jpg-1630629.JPG
View Quote

Having ECCO Machine convert it seems like a better value.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Depending on the number of hosts ECCO Machine could well be the best deal. I'm a big "value" guy myself I don't know their pricing but isn't there a big pile of orders already? This is prime time shooting weather for most folks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:31:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Having ECCO Machine convert it seems like a better value.
View Quote

And future proof with the ability to run whatever mounting system you want down the road.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I do agree on ECCO. However, after hoping to even get my only .30 Cal suppressor back (un-repaired) I don't mind spending attempting a latch fix before getting in line with ECCO. At least it would be usable in the meantime.

Plus....I'm pretty invested in 51T mounts. I've got a new M4-2000 as well. Eventually, I see myself having both AAC cans converted to DeadAir KeyMo
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
@alpha0815

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482262/51T_blast-out__11_123443_jpg-1630628.JPG  
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/482262/51T_blast-out__11_12344243_jpg-1630629.JPG
View Quote

The pin on the blastout and the SR5/SR7silencers just drives out from the backside. The pins on the M4-1k/M4-2k/Mini4/762sd/sdn6 are all blind. They need EDM drilled out. Maybe you can cut the latch off the pin and try to work the pin out gripping it in the middle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The pin on the blastout and the SR5/SR7silencers just drives out from the backside. The pins on the M4-1k/M4-2k/Mini4/762sd/sdn6 are all blind. They need EDM drilled out. Maybe you can cut the latch off the pin and try to work the pin out gripping it in the middle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@alpha0815

Yeah getting the pin out of the can's won't be easy. There's enough room for a dremel to cut thru the latch and sever the pin. But the latch will be made of tool steel or something similar. That will cause issues holding a 30k rpm dremel wheel steady I'm not trying it myself. If that day ever comes where my latch is hosed I'll send the can to ECCO or something.

Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yeah getting the pin out of the can's won't be easy. There's enough room for a dremel to cut thru the latch and sever the pin. But the latch will be made of tool steel or something similar. That will cause issues holding a 30k rpm dremel wheel steady I'm not trying it myself. If that day ever comes where my latch is hosed I'll send the can to ECCO or something.

View Quote

That's what I was thinking. Master with the dremel so it should be cake. Out of country for the next 6mo, after I get back will post.
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I had tried that email address leading up to me calling and getting the guy on the phone.

What are you emailing about?
View Quote

They have my TiRant 9 somewhere in their possession. They can’t seem to locate it and were trying to track it down when the bankruptcy happened.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:25:37 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm getting nowhere...

Sounds like we have quite a few of us with suppressors stuck there. I'm in Louisiana, so not that terribly far away.

We may have to all show up at once and demand our cans back. I bet if we all have pistol braces and Honey Badgers slung on our bodies, we would get some ATF involvement.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Damn that sucks

The recoated my M42000 and gave it a new latch just earlier this year. It did take a few months though

They also recored my entire Tirant 45 and recoated it as well

I feel like for a bit though they lost one of those cans. I remember asking about it after one showed up but not the other and them saying they didnt have a record of it. Then next thing I knew it simply showed up all fixed

I think itll work out for you. It just might take some time during the transition
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Sorry to hear you going through this as well as others.

During an acquisition...the new owners...do not have any legal responsibility to do anything with the brand unless spelled out in their buyer's agreement...when I did acquisition on businesses...I never assumed any warranty responsibility and only bought IP and customer lists...as well as a non-compete agreement...assuming liabilities like debt/warranty etc hardly ever happens anymore in cases like this...

As much as I hate to say it...if you didn't see AAC's writing on the wall for 5 years now...you didn't pay attention...hence why I never invested into an AAC suppressor...hence why I never committed to the ACR platform either...sucks...

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Yes. I saw the writing on the wall. My can is seven years old.

When the latched stopped working in July, I emailed them and they sent a fedex label so I figured it was okay.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah, same. My can is 7 years old and at that time....nobody was suggesting AAC was going out of business in 2020.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's tough.   When I bought my SDN6, AAC seemed like one of the most stable suppressor manufacturers
View Quote

Anyone can fail. This is the lesson.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top