Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2020 4:10:53 AM EDT
I started a thread a few months ago regarding leads on a vendor that would sell and ship a gun safe to HAWAII.  Here is the thread.

After working on some personal financial situation, I was able to purchase my new Liberty Safe Lincoln 25 from NW Safe located in Washington state.  The timing was right as I bought the RSC during Liberty Safe President's Day sale promotion.  Total savings came out to be $300 discount and the optional EL was thrown in for free.  I know there are some that don't like electronic locks but I do like them and that's that.  It took a month to ship it to Maui and all is well.  I was able to get the local delivery guys to bring the safe into the house and wrestle it into its final destination.  

This is the first serious RSC I've owned.  Previously I've owned a Stack On 12 gun cabinet and that worked out for almost 20 years.  But since moving to a larger and nicer home I wanted to have an RSC that was more secure than what I had and better looking.  Kael at NW Safe is a great guy to work with and figured out the shipping logistics to get the RSC to its final home in sunny Maui.  Thanks to all that responded to my previous thread.  I'm very happy with my new Lincoln 25.  Enjoy and be safe.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations. After seeing that you are in HI, I realized that being shipped to HI was a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Glad you got it worked out

No doubt that NW safe would take care of you. They're solid
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
@mauiblue,

What was the cost to ship it there?

I'm just curious because I sell some to Hawaii, but overcoming the shipping is always tough. What I ship weighs between 24 and 41 lbs. depending on model.

I quoted this recently and it seems like shipping continues to go up substantially every year. A year or so ago it was in the mid $70's and just a few years ago in the high $60 range. Hawaii is the only State that I ship USPS, because UPS only does it as an Air shipment and twice this much. USPS ships product to a port in CA and puts it on a boat. Usually takes two to three weeks to get there.

USPS.com home Postage Price Calculator
Start Weight and Shape/Size Mail Services Extra Services Summary Summary
USPS Retail Ground®, Package, weight 31 lb 0 oz (14.061 kg),
mailed from SAN ANTONIO TX 78247 to HONOLULU HI 96826
Mailing Summary Retail
USPS Retail Ground®$84.65
Insurance$4.70
Total$89.35
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glad you got it worked out

No doubt that NW safe would take care of you. They're solid
View Quote

Howsit scottr.  Thanks for posting on my previous thread and conveying the good vibes you had with NW Safe.  It was easy to make the deal especially with the sales manager Kael.  He was very responsive with all my correspondence and phone calls.  And I was really happy when he told me of the sale and free optional electronic lock.

Quoted:

@mauiblue,

What was the cost to ship it there?

I'm just curious because I sell some to Hawaii, but overcoming the shipping is always tough. What I ship weighs between 24 and 41 lbs. depending on model.

I quoted this recently and it seems like shipping continues to go up substantially every year. A year or so ago it was in the mid $70's and just a few years ago in the high $60 range. Hawaii is the only State that I ship USPS, because UPS only does it as an Air shipment and twice this much. USPS ships product to a port in CA and puts it on a boat. Usually takes two to three weeks to get there.

USPS.com home Postage Price Calculator
Start Weight and Shape/Size Mail Services Extra Services Summary Summary
USPS Retail Ground®, Package, weight 31 lb 0 oz (14.061 kg),
mailed from SAN ANTONIO TX 78247 to HONOLULU HI 96826
Mailing Summary Retail
USPS Retail Ground®$84.65
Insurance$4.70
Total$89.35
View Quote

Hey fas1.  The shipping weight of the safe was #800 and shipping via Aloha Marine was $741.  It was worth it because there were no hiccups or damage in getting that bad boy to Hawaii.  Easy peasy nice and easy.  Just about a month in shipping time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top