BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mtomso7464:
I wonder what will happen now, that he was found guilty of selling suppressors and parts, to those that ordered parts even with a form 1 stamp?  Since that would be illegal to buy parts regardless since it would then be a form 4 transaction.
View Quote

Obligatory IANAL, however in other treads I have seen on this, and a couple conversations with people that ARE lawyers, most likely it will come down to 'intent' as in if you got your Form 1 and did everything you could to comply with the rules for a Form 1 build you *should* be fine.  On the other hand, if your 'intent' was to avoid as many of the Form 1 rules and laws as you could, the ATF now has an additional charge they can use against you
Link Posted: 7/3/2022 10:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm wondering how the Bruen ruling will affect this prosecution.  Since ATF is basically making up laws, seems like it would be a factor.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 9:02:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By eodinert:
I'm wondering how the Bruen ruling will affect this prosecution.  Since ATF is basically making up laws, seems like it would be a factor.
View Quote

It's not going to effect the DM people at all. They have already plead guilty and are awaiting sentencing.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 1:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Strayz:
WGL, just posted up another vid on the subject.

It is looking rather bad for DM right now.

https://youtu.be/NFBNoe1DPGg

View Quote

This guy has been a sell out since day one. If he cared about the law as much as he does hearing himself talk & selling ads, we'd be much better off.

AFAIK he didn't help or offer legal services to anyone and only concern is selling clicks on utube. He basically says as much if you listen to what he says
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Asylum9:

This guy has been a sell out since day one. If he cared about the law as much as he does hearing himself talk & selling ads, we'd be much better off.

AFAIK he didn't help or offer legal services to anyone and only concern is selling clicks on utube. He basically says as much if you listen to what he says
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Strayz:
WGL, just posted up another vid on the subject.

It is looking rather bad for DM right now.

https://youtu.be/NFBNoe1DPGg

Most of the DM related videos he made were based on his interactions he had with the ATF on behalf on his clients who were DM customers.  He was literally providing legal services to people when he did that.

Like many businesses, he uses youtube as a platform to promote to his business.  His channel isn't near the size needed to make any sort of worthwhile money from the videos alone.  The real money comes from the $200+/hr legal services.
Link Posted: 7/5/2022 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

I found his videos very informative and helpful.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 10:24:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: c5hardtop] [#7]
Originally Posted By Rodent:

View Quote

Don't have a problem with his videos, but his pressing ATF to take his client's form1 back even when local agent told him multiple times they didn't want to basically led to the "Form 1s are invalid" stance.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By c5hardtop:

Don't have a problem with his videos, but his pressing ATF to take his client's form1 back even when local agent told him multiple times basically let to the "Form 1s are invalid" stance.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]
When you call the aft and say that you're a lawyer, it's not a surprise when you get the lawyer response.

His interaction and response from the aft was much different than mine.

The primary goal of his YouTube channel is to generate business for his real job.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
They could obtain it, but it's less work if he hands it to them.

The normal process for ATF special agents to verify NFA registration is to call (304) 616-4490 which is their 24hr Operations Center, press 1 for LE, and then identify themselves and query the serial number. The operators have access to the NFRTR electronic database (which doesn't actually let them print a F1 or F4 copy, but has all the info).

Only NFA Branch can produce copies of approved NFA forms.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
They could obtain it, but it's less work if he hands it to them.

The normal process for ATF special agents to verify NFA registration is to call (304) 616-4490 which is their 24hr Operations Center, press 1 for LE, and then identify themselves and query the serial number. The operators have access to the NFRTR electronic database (which doesn't actually let them print a F1 or F4 copy, but has all the info).

Only NFA Branch can produce copies of approved NFA forms.

I would argue that only NFA Branch has any right to look at my confidential tax records.

Originally Posted By eodinert:

That would have more to do with West Virginia v EPA.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Don't have a problem with his videos, but his pressing ATF to take his client's form1 back even when local agent told him multiple times basically let to the "Form 1s are invalid" stance.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rodent:

Its a bit of a stretch put that that on one guy when plenty of lawyers and individuals were making similar calls and asking the same questions starting in early January.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Any new reports of ATF visits or further action on this?
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 3:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#13]
Saw this posted today. I don't believe they mentioned DM by name but I would bet it was related.

BREAKING: ATF caught on video harassing innocent American

Link Posted: 8/26/2022 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GlockCamper:
Any new reports of ATF visits or further action on this?
View Quote

@GlockCamper

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Diversified-Machine-Convicted-Customer-Service-Rep-here-PLEASE-READ-SOLVENT-TRAP-RELATED/5-2580394/
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Heard from a few form 1 groups that Chris took his life.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s a damn shame.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
This whole thing is a real bad scene.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Anything new on this? Been awfully silent.
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been following this thing all year and its been a while since I've heard anything other than the unfortunate passing of the DM owner.

There is a guy in Leavenworth Federal Prison that shares the name of one of the other DM guys. If that's him,  it looks like he got 1 year.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:
Anything new on this? Been awfully silent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 12:39:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#22]
AFAIK, there hasn't been much of an ATF follow up concerning the letters sent out. I've heard stories about a "friend of a friend" getting an ATF visit that had received a letter but that was right after the letters were sent out.

My guess is we will not hear about this situation anymore in the news unless its brought up as an additional charge in a different criminal court case.
Page / 11
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top