Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 5:24:48 PM EDT
I like being able to switch between my birds head grip and my Hongue youth stock on my 870. However,  the butt pad screws on my Hogue are miserable.  To remove, and I'm concerned that the plastic threaded area in the stock is going to wear out.

I considered drilling a big hole so that I could get inside to remove the stock without removing the butt pad.

Is there another way?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not familiar with the Houge buttplate screws, but if there is enough "meat" you could drill them out a bit, & tap for Helicoil threaded inserts.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately it's pretty thin.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You just need a second gun.

Are the screws hidden by the pad?

If so I would drill/cut that rubber away so you can get the screw driver in there without interference or having to grease it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#4]
The only real way to swap stocks easier is the Rem-Loc system on the MCS. You could probably have an adapter machined pretty easily if you were really motivated
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish Remington wasn’t so obnoxiously stupid about selling MCS parts to the public.

They could have a real winner on their hands, years before the Mossberg Flex interchangeable stocks/pistol grips
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:08:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigdik3006] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sic_ness:
I wish Remington wasn’t so obnoxiously stupid about selling MCS parts to the public.

They could have a real winner on their hands, years before the Mossberg Flex interchangeable stocks/pistol grips
View Quote

Yep i hear you. I really like my MCS, and quite frankly Remington messed up hugely by not selling them to civs. The Rem-Loc systems is superb, and way better when compared to the Mossberg’s Flex.

At some point i’m gonna try Cadex’s detachable option for breachers, and also have a Sage stock milled to fit on my Rem-Loc. Its fun to experiment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top