Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2018 8:41:28 PM EDT
OK it started with the single stage trigger assembly. I then bought a new scope. Then decided I wanted a new charging handle but thought why not a new KIDD bolt to. So now only thing factory on my 1022 will be the receiver. I have a new er shaw bull barrel if it doesn't shot great then I'll look into KIDD barrel and maybe receiver. This is addicting I love modding
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Isn't it nice, I've a box of Kidd, every part but the receiver.   If you decide to mix it up, Feddersen makes great barrels also.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:34:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So now only thing factory on my 1022 will be the receiver.
View Quote
LOL, yep, I've got one I call my "Ruger-less 10/22" - the only Ruger part in it is the magazine.  Everything else from the (non-Ruger) receiver on out is aftermarket
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:46:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Their receivers are one of their best components. If you get one, go the whole way and get the rear tang installed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about that, and if I do get their barreled receiver. I will probably buy a stock from them, and have them inlet it for the rear tang. I have read great things about them. Nevermind I thought they sold stocks I think I am wrong.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have installed my KIDD bolt  charging handle and buffer and single stage trigger. I put it all into a HOGUE over molded stock then had a problem the bolt was binding near the back of the action. So upon investigating that I found the hammer strut was coming into contact with the stock.  Thanks to information on other sites. Relieved the stock and now it is GTG. Next warm sunny day I will be sighting this bad boy in. I hope it was worth all this.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have installed my KIDD bolt  charging handle and buffer and single stage trigger. I put it all into a HOGUE over molded stock then had a problem the bolt was binding near the back of the action. So upon investigating that I found the hammer strut was coming into contact with the stock.  Thanks to information on other sites. Relieved the stock and now it is GTG. Next warm sunny day I will be sighting this bad boy in. I hope it was worth all this.
View Quote
Yup, that's a pretty common issue with the KIDD SS trigger. I ran into the same issue with a Revolution stock. I now relieve all of my stocks prior to install.

Glad you got it all figured out!
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't overlook the receiver, the Kidd is SO much nicer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top