Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2022 12:14:48 PM EDT
What form do I need to make my own SBR on pistol reciever I already own.

Also, any recommendations on where to get the reciever engraved?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You want an eFile form 1.

https://youtu.be/colyR1Gjv1I

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you still use your lower as a rifle (16" barrel) while you wait for approval?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you still use your lower as a rifle (16" barrel) while you wait for approval?
View Quote

Yes. You can use it even after it's converted to an SBR.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
For engraving, I sent mine to Tar Heel State Firearms.  Super fast turnaround and high quality.

https://www.tarheelstatefirearms.com/
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget you need 2 sets of fingerprint cards to send in. Cards are free from the ATF. I got 12 when I ordered mine. Also know your county sheriff's name and address to send your CLEO forms to. Sent my first form 1 in a couple weeks ago. After the prints arrived, got my stamp back in 8 working days.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#7]
You can send the notification to *any* CLEO (chief law enforcement officer) who has jurisdiction where you are. County sheriff, police chief, whoever.  I send mine to the Director of the State Police.

*** edit for spelling
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you everyone for the information, greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right now they are 10.5" pistols with braces.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Right now they are 10.5" pistols with braces.
View Quote

You can also still use them as pistols with braces while waiting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 8:48:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For engraving, I sent mine to Tar Heel State Firearms.  Super fast turnaround and high quality.

https://www.tarheelstatefirearms.com/
View Quote

Definitely the best company to deal with.

They can engrave almost anywhere and have a one day turnaround usually.

There's a handy guide on here for digitizing your fingerprints if you're interested so you can just print them out anytime you want to do a form 1. Let me know if that interests you and I can find the link.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]
LINK

ANOTHER LINK

These should give you the answers that you seek OP.

As for engraving, I used a local jeweler's shop, no screwing around with mailing off my lowers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
LINK

ANOTHER LINK

These should give you the answers that you seek OP.

As for engraving, I used a local jeweler's shop, no screwing around with mailing off my lowers.
View Quote

Thank you, and everyone else for all the information.

I am now in what I hope will be my last home in WV, thought I would do 2 AR pistols first, and if that's not a nightmare may SBR my PS90.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#14]
You will likely find that the process to form 1 a SBR is pretty simple. Truly just a few clicks and $200.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Don't forget you need 2 sets of fingerprint cards to send in. Cards are free from the ATF. I got 12 when I ordered mine. Also know your county sheriff's name and address to send your CLEO forms to. Sent my first form 1 in a couple weeks ago. After the prints arrived, got my stamp back in 8 working days.
View Quote

Do they require a photo of each person on a trust. Plus the finger print card of everyone you have listed on a trust. I have my wife listed on my trust
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I won't be forming a trust to register these, just registered to myself.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Everybody that’s considered a Responsible Person must submit a 5320.23 RPQ form. If submitting electronically, you’ll upload a photo. If mailing in paper forms, you only need one pic per RP (instead of two like an individual requires). Two FP cards for each RP if submitting a Form 1, or upload them electronically for a Form 4. You can also mail the cards in when using eForms for a Form 4, if your dealer doesn’t have a fingerprint scanner.
View Quote

Thank you for your help
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top