BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2017 6:08:18 PM EDT
Awe Snap!

https://ruger.com/products/precisionRimfire/models.html

Link Posted: 12/29/2017 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm.   Im kinda torn.  I am about to get the RART and then this comes out.  The "tacticool" part of me says I WANT THIS!  the other side of me is "ehh" .  minus the stock, which i have always like adjustable stocks, everything else i really dont "need".    still cool though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope the barrel is half way easy to swap out ...
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
That should scare the squirrels right out of the tree. Probably scare hell out of the tree huggers.   UMM its just a bolt action 22 move along nothing to see here. I must say -- I do much prefer my 22 ruger 10 shot mags to my Savage and Marlin 10 shot mags.

Will we see the folding stock version Next Year?
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it a modified American action in a chassis?

The faux 3" bolt throw seems very interesting as a trainer.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#5]
After watching the video at the link, it is not really an American type action/trigger/bolt. Seems to be a mix of AResque stuff and rimfire stuff. Meant to be a trainer for the RPR.

Not really my speed in the strictest sense but I like it.

Still want a RAR Target in an OD ProVarmint.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it a modified American action in a chassis?

The faux 3" bolt throw seems very interesting as a trainer.
View Quote
The stock foundation and lower receiver are molded polymer into which a Ruger American Rimfire-derived barreled action is dropped into. Pretty easy to see the line between the barreled action and the polymer stock/lower receiver on the right side and much clearer on a left-side view.
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Good Lord! Looks like Ruger and Pro Mag... made a ugly baby together. No thank you Ruger. This coming from a man with more 10/22`s and Rugers than fingers too. The stock on that thing looks cheap and super bendable. Just CHEAP. I see this as a chasis they could have sold alone by itself. For the RAR. That would have been a better ideal for them. $125.00 dollars for this chassis, they would have sold a bunch of these. But this as it sets, muh?? Not so good. Just my 2 cents though. Happy New Year Everyone!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm super in depending on street price. I have nowhere local to shoot real centerfire at distance, so I end up plinking with a 22 every few weeks at 100 yards. Currently have a savage bolt gun with trijicon glass that works well, but this looks cooler. plus 25 round bolt action seems fun!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
another thread over in the precision rifle section

Link

While not perfect (Should be a metal chassis which takes AR buttstocks) I will end up with one for my kids.

Here is one of my posts from the other thread

Well did some looking around

The LOP is 12" - 15.5" and according to keystone arms the crickett rifle has a LOP of 12.25". I might end up picking one of these up just because it will fit my kids and I don't have to swap barrels on my CZ. Even though the stock is ugly the utility for the price can't be beat IMHO.

For $400.00 you get

Threaded barrel 1/2 - 28
Scope mount (30MOA)
Free float handguard with MLOK slots to attach your accessories to
Adjustable length and cheek piece stock
AR style grip (I assume I can swap this out for better ones)
AR style safety (easier for my kids to manipulate)
Enlarged bolt knob
Replaceable barrel - (it does require an AR wrench and some go no-go gauges and they should have made it 10-22 barrel compatible so we could throw a Kidd barrel on it, but maybe the system helps with accuracy)
10-22 mags compatibility

Accuracy?? Well we shall see, I have seen some groups from the RAR that have been good and other than have been crappy

My only question now is the ID of the handguard?

I have a 10-22 barrel that Brimstone Gunsmithing put a shroud on and I love it.

I would love to buy one of these and send them the barrel to do the same if it fits under the handguard.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 6:55:26 AM EDT
[#11]
The Rar is very dependant on what you decide to feed it.

Norma Tac-22 I get one inch groups at 100 yards. CCI standard Velocity I get about the same. Limited by the shooter not the rifle.

Golden bullets I get a 6 inch group at 50 yards. So you might have to look around to find the right ammo for your rifle.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#12]
If this would have been semi auto, would have considered it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Go home Ruger, you're drunk.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Link

Here is the manual. Look at the press fit barrel and nut.

Hopefully someone will step up with aftermarket barrels.
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Wait... polymer... so close Ruger, so close.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Awe Snap!

https://ruger.com/products/precisionRimfire/models.html

https://ruger.com/products/precisionRimfire/images/top.jpg
View Quote
I need this.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Rar is very dependant on what you decide to feed it.

Norma Tac-22 I get one inch groups at 100 yards. CCI standard Velocity I get about the same. Limited by the shooter not the rifle.

Golden bullets I get a 6 inch group at 50 yards. So you might have to look around to find the right ammo for your rifle.
View Quote
Golden bullets have always been crap.  I've never gotten anything less than 3" at 50 yards with them in any rifle.
Link Posted: 1/8/2018 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Do they have little kids design these..
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do they have little kids design these..
View Quote
If you’re around my age then relatively......yes.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I hope to get one of these.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top