Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
:)))
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#2]
1.8” is thiccc
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Pew Science just released test data for bolt action .308 and semi auto 5.56 for this suppressor.

https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-113-huxwrx-flow-762-ti-savage-308

https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-114-huxwrx-flow-762-ti-mk18-556

Look pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
LGS has one already. They're asking $1800.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Nevermind, my bad
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the prices were around $1300 +/- in the other thread.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My lgs is $1350. SilencerShop is $1348 and capital armory is $1244
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#9]
That does look pretty interesting, I bet it would help on hosts like the SFAR. On the back pressure chart included in the .308 article, the GA Explorr 300 is shown as having even lower back pressure than this new hotness Huxwrx flow through can....I don't have any exposure to the GA can, does that seem right?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#10]
She might be thic but damn it's light and for the versatility it has. I'm in need for a 7.62 can  and was about to buy a knights flow through but it weighs double this guy. It seems like the kac cans are alot thicker as well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That does look pretty interesting, I bet it would help on hosts like the SFAR. On the back pressure chart included in the .308 article, the GA Explorr 300 is shown as having even lower back pressure than this new hotness Huxwrx flow through can....I don't have any exposure to the GA can, does that seem right?
View Quote

Hi, thanks for checking out the research! The Omega Metric is a measure of gas momentum transfer out of the endcap. Holistic weapon influence and other phenomena such as "blow back" are functions of each weapon, this parameter, as well as early time wave propagation in close proximity to the muzzle orifice. This nuance is important. The FLOW series has longer flow paths, which do increase internal propagation duration, as stated in the article.

The Griffin silencer tested is small, has few baffles, and they are heavily ported. For a conventional baffle silencer, it flows extremely fast, but is also relatively inefficient at suppression. The early time dynamics near the muzzle orifice, of the two silencers, are vastly different.

In summary, yes, the data is correct. But, you must remain cognizant of the limitations of the Omega Metric with regard to weapon function. It is likely the Griffin silencer influences weapon function similarly, but some weapons that are particularly sensitive to early shock dynamics (i.e. SCAR) may exhibit different behavior. Hope this helps!

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#12]
So, I've been saving up for a 30 caliber suppressor...

How do you think this compares to the Hyperion?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:48:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So, I've been saving up for a 30 caliber suppressor...

How do you think this compares to the Hyperion?
View Quote

On .308 bolt gun, you can see the signature suppression comparison in my summary table, here:

PEW Science Suppression Rating Rankings (filter by .308 in the ammo selection drop-down, if you like; then if you want to dig into the analysis, there is an accompanying article link in each line of the table).

I haven't published MK18 5.56 data with the Hyperion yet, so that data point is not in the table.  Hope this helps!

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hi, thanks for checking out the research! The Omega Metric is a measure of gas momentum transfer out of the endcap. Holistic weapon influence and other phenomena such as "blow back" are functions of each weapon, this parameter, as well as early time wave propagation in close proximity to the muzzle orifice. This nuance is important. The FLOW series has longer flow paths, which do increase internal propagation duration, as stated in the article.

The Griffin silencer tested is small, has few baffles, and they are heavily ported. For a conventional baffle silencer, it flows extremely fast, but is also relatively inefficient at suppression. The early time dynamics near the muzzle orifice, of the two silencers, are vastly different.

In summary, yes, the data is correct. But, you must remain cognizant of the limitations of the Omega Metric with regard to weapon function. It is likely the Griffin silencer influences weapon function similarly, but some weapons that are particularly sensitive to early shock dynamics (i.e. SCAR) may exhibit different behavior. Hope this helps!

Jay
PEW Science
View Quote

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Explorr EX3 is an old version, right? Do you know if that version had the Eco-Flow baffles?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Explorr EX3 is an old version, right? Do you know if that version had the Eco-Flow baffles?
View Quote

You are correct, sir, it is the first version of that silencer.  It's an earlier iteration of that technology and should probably not be used to extrapolate performance expectations for the updated Eco-Flow baffle geometry used in their newer models.

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Don't forget we have the model that includes a brake. The cheaper ones don't.
View Quote
Yeah, Capitol gives you the option to forgo the muzzle device on some suppressors. That suppressor defaults to the price without on their website for some reason.

It doesn't make too much sense to do that with the OSS/HuxWrx suppressors, but I actually like omitting the muzzle device because often times suppressors come with brakes and I prefer using a flash hider or I want to use DA's Xeno instead of an included direct thread mount, etc.

I wish more vendors would offer that as an option instead of the hassle of me selling the unwanted stuff on EE.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wish more vendors would offer that as an option instead of the hassle of me selling the unwanted stuff on EE.
View Quote

its not a shops job to pick apart what a manufacturer specs for their product. capitol just does this because they seem like awesome guys and they have an avenue to get rid of them. if its that important to you, just buy from capitol.

i work at a shop that is in the top 20 in the nation for silencer shop. i couldn't even imagine the nightmare this would create.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

its not a shops job to pick apart what a manufacturer specs for their product. capitol just does this because they seem like awesome guys and they have an avenue to get rid of them. if its that important to you, just buy from capitol.

i work at a shop that is in the top 20 in the nation for silencer shop. i couldn't even imagine the nightmare this would create.
View Quote

That’s not that much of a headache. Just good customer service.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

On .308 bolt gun, you can see the signature suppression comparison in my summary table, here:

PEW Science Suppression Rating Rankings (filter by .308 in the ammo selection drop-down, if you like; then if you want to dig into the analysis, there is an accompanying article link in each line of the table).

I haven't published MK18 5.56 data with the Hyperion yet, so that data point is not in the table.  Hope this helps!

Jay
PEW Science
View Quote

Thank you!

What I am seeing here is the Hyperion is a bit quieter, but the Flow 762Ti has lower pressure, and is smaller, does that sum it up?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We are looking into doing that, need to work out the logistics.
View Quote
Awesome! Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:11:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tell me you don't work in retail without telling me you don't work in retail.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

15 years at a gun store in Utah and the NFA manager.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Thank you!

What I am seeing here is the Hyperion is a bit quieter, but the Flow 762Ti has lower pressure, and is smaller, does that sum it up?
View Quote

In a nutshell, yes sir! But just to clarify a little:

The Hyperion is more than just a little quieter on a bolt gun. It's a different class of suppression performance on a bolt action rifle.  Use the Suppression Rating Dose Chart to help with that quantification.

With regard to "lower pressure," yes sir, the residual pressure in your weapon system with the FLOW will blow down faster, so if you are using it on a semiautomatic weapon, it will likely influence weapon function less. However, it should be stated that due to some early venting in the Hyperion internals, it can also function on semiauto guns, with some adjustment required, depending on the gun. And yes, the Hyperion is much larger.

Hope this helps!

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank you Jay!  
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:26:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I was pretty excited to see these released and ordered some today.  Now the wait begins.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thank you Jay!  
View Quote

Any time!

Jay
PEW Science
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top