Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2018 12:05:46 PM EDT
Well im a bit behind the curve on this but hope someone can point me in right direction. I ordered a Ti 308 can from Hunter town Arms 3 years ago. As many know they went TU. Since they have my money and I will never get the can, does anyone have a course of action? I had heard they were bought out by another company but no idea who it is. Again any constructive help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
A road trip to Indiana, with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well im a bit behind the curve on this but hope someone can point me in right direction. I ordered a Ti 308 can from Hunter town Arms 3 years ago. As many know they went TU. Since they have my money and I will never get the can, does anyone have a course of action? I had heard they were bought out by another company but no idea who it is. Again any constructive help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance
View Quote
You’re very SOL my man. Chalk this one up as a learning experience and buy something else.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some of their goodness.  Next one a reputable one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you pay HTA directly or did your dealer order a can?

At 3 years, my guess is your SOL. Even if you used a Visa, I think their limit for Merchandise/Services Not Received is 540 calendar days (about a year and a half).
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
“Throwing good money after bad”
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I paid a local vendor here and was put on the can. It was the local vendor who told me that Huntertown was bought out by another company.  I kind of figured i was SOL but figured id ask. Not the first time ive taken a hit. Still cheaper than my divorce though lol
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Forget the can, but remember the name (so you can curse them).  The worst customer relations of any company I think ever dealt with.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I paid a local vendor here and was put on the can. It was the local vendor who told me that Huntertown was bought out by another company.  I kind of figured i was SOL but figured id ask. Not the first time ive taken a hit. Still cheaper than my divorce though lol
View Quote

So if you bought it from a local vendor, what recourse are they offering you? Did they not ask WTF was up when the Form 3 was approved and no can showed up? Did you submit a Form 4 on it? 

Seems like a pretty shitty local vendor if they didn't do any followup over the course of 3 years....
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Was told by vendor to pay for can in advance, which I did. Then was told about Huntertown Arms shutting down and being bought out. How they(dealer) had requested refund but not looking good. Surprisingly enough local vendor is shut down too.

Figured I was screwed as an individual getting any funds back but asked y'all anyway

Sure wish the hearing protection act passed so I could just buy a thunder beast without all the red tape!
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A told by vendor to pay for can in advance, which I did. Then was told about shutting down and being bought out. How they had requested refund but not looking good. Surprisingly enough local vendor is shut down too.

Figured I was screwed as an individual getting any funds back but asked y'all anyway

Sure Venice if hearing protection act passed so I could just but a thunder beast without all the red tape!
View Quote
Are you typing with your fist? Or your forehead?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Awe you care so much :)  Was using a supposed "smart device" that decided it knew better than I as to what i was attempting to say. And since i dont proof read...well there ya go.  Gives the spelling nazi something to feast upon ;)
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#14]
How long after HTA closed up did your FFL close up shop?

Why didn't you pursue the matter with your FFL immediately after HTA folded?

Why wait 3 years?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#15]
He, dealer, told me they had been bought out and had put in to get a refund. Im way more patient than i should be in life. So this process started a year ago. Dealer is surrendering his class 3 this coming june but not taking any more orders since this past january.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Awe you care so much :)  Was using a supposed "smart device" that decided it knew better than I as to what i was attempting to say. And since i dont proof read...well there ya go.  Gives the spelling nazi something to feast upon ;)
View Quote
Thanks for putting me in my place. Makes me feel pretty inferior compared to a guy waiting 36+ months for an out of business silencer manufacturer to make him a $300 can. I’ve had 11 stamps get approved in the same timeframe.

Go back and re-read your post and see if it makes sense. You started this thread for assistance. And then you post nonsense sentences the mad hatter himself couldn’t read.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He, dealer, told me they had been bought out and had put in to get a refund. Im way more patient than i should be in life. So this process started a year ago. Dealer is surrendering his class 3 this coming june but not taking any more orders since this past january.
View Quote
Maybe there's something I'm not getting, but I'm with HB - you purchased the can through your dealer - why isn't he/she/they providing you the refund? And why are you letting them sell you on the line that "well, if Huntertown Arms doesn't refund him, then you are SOL."?

What did you pay for the can?
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Smile a small claims case... there should be a paper trail a mile long!

ETA: I meant sue your local dealer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#19]
It was a light hearted response to what you posted. And yes i re-read what was posted. I can and will go back and edit what it was suppose to be in the first place. The can was more than $300.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I was told i had to pay in advance. And since first experience, ive learned not to trust this dealer, as well as a few other things. Going to call them tomorrow and hash this all out.

I do appreciate all of the responses on this matter, thank you
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:16:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry to hear you got screwed by HTA and your dealer didn't look out for you. You've got lots of company.  At least a couple of dealers in AZ have been shady with both NFA and Title 1 guns in recent history, not even including the Fast & Furious shenanigans.  People tend to trust gun dealers because they are highly regulated, but by and large the firearms bureaucrats really don't give much thought to crimes against consumers.  I hope this doesn't sour you on getting a suppressor that meets your needs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#22]
I would go to the dealer in person and demand that they refund your payment or they will be hearing from your lawyer. It would not be an idle threat. I would pay my lawyer the $125/hr. Even if I only broke even with my refund equaling my legal fees(I would sue for those too, even though that might not go through), I would feel better than taking one on the chin. HTA didn’t go belly up 3 years ago if I remember right. Even if they did, you paid a business (the ffl) for an item. You never received the item. You are entitled to a refund. I would not wait any longer, you already waited too long. Get your money before your ffl is gone too!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Sounds like to me your local dealer is the one taking you for a ride, not HTA.

Is the dealer keeping his FFL? and is it in his name or LLC? I would be going after him not HTA.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Giving up the FFL all together. And after reading all of the comments i do believe that it is the dealer who has indeed been stringing me along. Not sure if LLC or not.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you have any receipt or document that says how much money you gave to whom?

If you gave the money to the dealer and he told you he was getting you a can, the problem is between you and the dealer.  If he can't produce (for whatever reason) it is on him to either refund or otherwise make it right.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#26]
First thing to do is throw some money at a honest dealer like Hansohn in order to start the wait on a good can and then sue your local dealer whom is lying to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top