Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2019 11:49:52 AM EDT
Just picked up a new one a little while back, and got a great deal. I don't want to SBR it at this time, but would like to suppress it. I thought I remembered some company making a 16" barrel for these that was threaded 1/2x28 or an adapter that replaced the flashhider/barrel shroud. Anyone know of such a thing?
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Problem with the ps90 is in stock form the flash hider/shroud is pinned to meet the minimal rifle length (26") so even if you get a huntertown arms shroud you will still need to pin it back on to get to length.
expensive path considering the shroud is like $250 to begin with and the work involved to unpin and pin/weld again
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked into it and I came to a personal conclusion that it would have to be a custom made suppressor.  To keep the look right and length down, it would have to a kind of reflex suppressor.

That was my personal conclusion.  Having a custom made suppressor isn’t as expensive as it sounds.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Problem with the ps90 is in stock form the flash hider/shroud is pinned to meet the minimal rifle length (26") so even if you get a huntertown arms shroud you will still need to pin it back on to get to length.
expensive path considering the shroud is like $250 to begin with and the work involved to unpin and pin/weld again
View Quote
And Huntertown is no longer in business, correct?
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My buddy used a Tactical Innovations TAC16 for his P&W PS90. Unless they changed the design, the TAC 16 threads protrude from the rear, so it is easier to pin to the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
You want this now that HTA is gone.
Imperial Shroud

I have no experience with this shroud vs the HTA, but the Imperial shroud is said to keep the factory barrel play, unlike the HTA which kept the barrel fixed.

Huntertown Arms Threaded PS90 Shroud - Suppressed PS90

You will have to drill out the factory blind pin. There is varying debate about "OMG you have to re-pin the shroud or OMG YOUR DOG IS GOING TO DIE". The barrel itself is 16". There's no reason to pin the new shroud because as assembled it meets the min OAL requirements..
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want this now that HTA is gone.
Imperial Shroud

I have no experience with this shroud vs the HTA, but the Imperial shroud is said to keep the factory barrel play, unlike the HTA which kept the barrel fixed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k_bvsex38I

You will have to drill out the factory blind pin. There is varying debate about "OMG you have to re-pin the shroud or OMG YOUR DOG IS GOING TO DIE". The barrel itself is 16". There's no reason to pin the new shroud because as assembled it meets the min OAL requirements..
View Quote
this right here is why I come ro arfcom. I didn't know another manufacturer was making these. awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally got one of those threaded shrouds on the way, and should be here tomorrow.

https://fnspecialties.com/shop/fn-accessories/ps90-accessories/ps90-threaded-barrel-shroud-for-16-barrel-1-2-x-28-threads/

How to: Remove PS90 Barrel Shroud in 2 minutes without stripping threads!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top