Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 10:03:21 AM EDT
OK, so I just completed my first Eform 1, rolled my own prints, and am now ready to ship these in with the cover letter. I plan to use a prepaid padded envelope, but was wondering if I should put each card in a separate Ziploc bag? O maybe wrap them in wax paper? I would hate for the ink to smear en-route. Anyone with experience able to give advice on this? Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
OK, so I just completed my first Eform 1, rolled my own prints, and am now ready to ship these in with the cover letter. I plan to use a prepaid padded envelope, but was wondering if I should put each card in a separate Ziploc bag? O maybe wrap them in wax paper? I would hate for the ink to smear en-route. Anyone with experience able to give advice on this? Thanks!
View Quote
If they sit for a few minutes and maybe blow on them, they'll be fine...  I think you are over thinking it.
I've done these 6 times and they have all been fine.

Of all the hundreds of thousands of F1s, F4s and other forms with prints send I've never once heard of anyone having issues with this.

You have a much greater chance of the mail (USPS) losing them, then them smearing after they've dried.

JMHO, Your mileage may very.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
The rolled ink won't smear once dry (which only takes a few hours max). If it came out of a laser printer it was dry when created. Just use a flat envelope, no need for padding. Do not fold.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I just placed them in the envelope and dropped them in the mail box. My OCD got the best of me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]
i just shipped mine in a flat rate 2day padded envelope threw usps with certified mail. showed up just fine and has a paper trail.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I normally just throw them in a USPS priority flat rate envelope.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.  That way I have tracking.  Never had a problem doing this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#9]
My advice... don't use USPS... getting screwed right now. Use UPS letter or even FedEx.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

^^^ This right here. No need to overcomplicate the matter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My advice... don't use USPS... getting screwed right now. Use UPS letter or even FedEx.
View Quote

Last time I did a eform 1, January 2020,  I used USPS Priority...15 days until delivery.

This time around, I used UPS letter/Ground...3 days is all it took. Cost me $12.05...I’m ok with that. Piece of mind is what I paid for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top