Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2021 8:10:24 PM EDT
After years of looking for info on how to replace this spring I've figured out a way.  
To be clear,  there may be an easier way and I'd be happy for someone to post it.

I machined a punch to brace the large head end of the new extractor pin and a second punch with a .098 hole and turned to size to fit inside the recessed area on the other side of the bolt.  This allows the second pin to push the spring over the head of the pin and clip into place.. Lined it all up with the hollow punch in the drill press chuck and pressed it on.

I'll add a pic later this evening.  With the punches I made for reference.

Hope this is helpful.  I'm sure FN has a tool for this but I'm not aware of one in the wild.
" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top