Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2020 1:20:32 AM EDT
Did an eFile of a Form 1 on 12/19. Made the credit card payment, went back to submit it and the system froze. Went back in a hour later and the application was gone.

The next day my credit card shows "Pending". Filled out everything again on 12/20, application had a different number on it, made another payment, submitted and it went through. Application currently shows pending.

I've left 2 "Ask the Experts" questions about getting a refund, since both payments have now been charged to my account. Haven't got an answer back. Don't know how long it should take to get an answer.

Any suggestions of what to do next, short of disputing the first charge with the credit card company ?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Call your CC company.

If $200 will break you, though, this may not be your game.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If $200 will break you, though, this may not be your game.
View Quote

So I should just flush $200 down the toilet ?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I should just flush $200 down the toilet ?
View Quote

I'm not (directly) judging you - just measuring the thickness of your skin. And having to call your CC company to get credited isn't the same as lighting a cigar with a $100 bill.

It'd piss me off to lose $200 for no good reason, but I have taken bigger shits in my time on this crazy blue marble we call "Earth".
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
If you log back into the eforms site, do you see any additional forms under drafts or submitted?
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Worst case, one of the forms should be rejected because it has the same description and serial number as the other form.

You'll want to make sure one form is cancelled before approval so you don't have problems with the serial number being both approved and rejected. (yeah, it shouldn't happen - but we're dealing with a government agency here)
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
After I made the payment, system took me back to the submit button, hit submit and just a spinning icon after that. Waited about an hour, closed the window, resigned in and the application was no longer listed. Started from scratch the next day and it went through.

I assumed the first payment would get kicked back since there was no longer an application to attach it to.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 4:17:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I was charged $200 for a $5 AOW transfer and I've been trying to get the $195 refunded for over three years.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Just a follow up.........

Did the "Ask The Experts"...No Response.

Called spoke to a "Refunds Agent" was told a would get a call back in 2 to 4 days.....No Call Back.

Sent an e-mail to the address the "Refunds Agent" gave me...No Response.

Finally filed for a charge back with American Express. They just issued me a credit for the $200. Their reason for siding with me was "Got no response back from Merchant".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top