Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/14/2017 8:34:39 AM EDT
I have purchased a new to me, but used M82a1 and I would like to check headspace. I have the gauges, go-nogo and would like to know the exact procedure for the Barrett rifle.

I ordered a manual but it’s back-ordered and would like to shoot it with peace of mind. I know it’s probably fine but still.... just wanna check
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Remove the ejector. Place headspace gauge in chamber. SLOWLY let the bolt/carrier forward. Go gauge will close all the way and leave about an 1/8" gap between the front edge of the carrier and the rear edge of the barrel extension.
No go gauge will save it open quite a bit. About a 1/4" or a shade more.

Reassembling the ejector is a pain in the was.
Best thing to do is cut off a spent cartridge and leave about 3/4" of the base.  Nail or screw The base into a wood work table on the side of the table. Screw it down through the flash hole of the primer pocket.

All our work takes had that set up when I worked there. It was easy as hell to put the ejector in. Make sure the extractor is installed.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top