Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2020 12:01:04 PM EDT
Gents,
I changed my mind on a eForm 1 application that I submitted yesterday. How do I go about canceling the application? Do I just use the ask the expert link?
Thanks
ST42
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I would use the ask the experts link. Give them the control number and the serial number and let them know you want to cancel.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would use the ask the experts link. Give them the control number and the serial number and let them know you want to cancel.
View Quote

As it turns out, Googled the answer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
FWIW...you withdraw a pending form. Canceling is for an approved form that you decide not to use.

They usually want a signed request. Print it out, sign it, scan it, and email it to [email protected]

And it really helps to read the instructions on a form. If you look at a paper Form 1, it tells you exactly what to do.
View Quote

Yes it does. I found that after my Google search.... Application has been withdrawn with confirmation. No way I was going to endure the “Pending Research” black hole.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes it does. I found that after my Google search.... Application has been withdrawn with confirmation. No way I was going to endure the "Pending Research" black hole.
View Quote
What black hole are taking about? I have a form 1 submitted months ago and no response. Something I should be aware of ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What black hole are taking about? I have a form 1 submitted months ago and no response. Something I should be aware of ?
View Quote

i have one pending since 10/15 and its tied up in fbi background check for many weeks. called the atf and they say theres nothing that can be done and i have to just keep waiting
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

i have one pending since 10/15 and its tied up in fbi background check for many weeks. called the atf and they say theres nothing that can be done and i have to just keep waiting
View Quote

I submitted in Sept. Waiting on background checks. Funny how everyone elses checks get done in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thx. I think the first reason they gave me was stuck in fbi background check.

Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:05:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I e-filed  a form 1 for a pistol to sbr. It came back in record time. If I decided not to SPR it can I send a letter to remove it from the registry do I get my 200 back?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top