Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2018 1:24:48 AM EDT
I finally got my stamp back and I'm about to order an unfinished Titanium tube. I have some cerakote to coat everything. How do you guys get inside the tube without runs? I thought about cranking up the air pressure, narrowing the fan pattern and moderating the fluid flow to avoid runs. I thought as long as I maintained a safe distance and used varing angles it might work.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I gotta ask, why do you want to coat the inside of the tube? I've never heard of anyone doing that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 4:33:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
My thought process was that the carbon would eventually lead to corrosion, even in titanium and cause fit and function issues. It isn't for cosmetic reasons.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Uneven Cerakote applications could cause the fit to be too tight.

Pick up a can of welding anti spatter spray and spray everything after cleaning.
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
You shouldn’t have to take it apart to clean it if it is a centerfire rifle Suppressor. It’s somewhat self cleaning when the gun fires
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top