Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2018 10:25:45 AM EDT
Is FN sending them out in batches? Are bigger vendors able to get stock easier than the "little" guy?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#1]
More than likely. Check Buds/Gb.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
More curious if say, a vendor or gun store places an order, how quickly on average is FN getting these out?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#3]
In my experience.......

Dealers can get them through their distributors depending on the following:

1. The distributors have them
2. They are a valued dealer to the distributor.
2a. They have a good relationship with their sales rep from the distributor.

As someone who once worked at a shop and was in charge of ordering guns, thats pretty much how it went with "high demand" guns. Jim bobs gun shop who orders 2 "on sale" guns a month probably isn't going to get a shot at a SCAR/PS90/FiveseveN/CZ P10 (when they were new to market)/ or other high demand-low production gun until the market gets more saturated. In a time of limited availability the dealers who spend money with the distributors get taken care of.

Nobody who works at FN (the only people who can give accurate/factual info) is going to come on here and say a word about supply, delivery or anything else regarding it.

****apply this response to every PS90, SCAR and FiveseveN thread asking the same question****
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah, makes sense.

So in essence, If I were to order through a hi-volume store, better chance that I may have the rifle sooner.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
More curious if say, a vendor or gun store places an order, how quickly on average is FN getting these out?
View Quote
Nobody that doesn't work for FN can answer that question with accuracy. And FN reps aren't going to come on here and talk about it.

If the gun shop orders the gun it comes from their distributor...not FN directly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I am a sales rep at a FN distributor.  There have been very few 17's come into the US this year.  Most that did come in were very early in the year and were sold to dealers with stocking dealer packages.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ah, makes sense.

So in essence, If I were to order through a hi-volume store, better chance that I may have the rifle sooner.
View Quote
Disclaimer:
I'm not promoting any of these shops, just offering places to check..

Gunbroker
Buds
Grabagun
Riflegear <-- awesome vendor
Eurooptic
Quantico tactical (they changed their name but if you google it the new name/site should pop up.

You can also look on gun deals and seach by SKU/part number or just SCAR 16, SCAR 17

What exactly are you looking for?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am a sales rep at a FN distributor.  There have been very few 17's come into the US this year.  Most that did come in were very early in the year and were sold to dealers with stocking dealer packages.
View Quote
^^^Ask and you shall receive.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, really the FDE 17S, standard capacity.

Is SWFA gtg?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#10]
IMO you're better off looking at the used/secondhand market after a shipment comes in from FN. The reason is, when dealers/distributors don't have any, private sale prices go through the roof, but once a batch comes in, private sale prices seem to stabilize around $2800-$3000. With the recent MSRP hike, you're not likely to see that from an FFL.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I was just at my LGS picking up a transfer (finally joined the 45 tactical club ). They had a one Black SCAR 17 sitting there for $2,700.

They will ship out of state to a FFL (will need to pay for shipping). No tax on out of state purchase (store is in South Carolina). Send me a PM and I'll give you their information.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was just at my LGS picking up a transfer (finally joined the 45 tactical club ). They had a one Black SCAR 17 sitting there for $2,700.

They will ship out of state to a FFL (will need to pay for shipping). No tax on out of state purchase (store is in South Carolina). Send me a PM and I'll give you their information.
View Quote
For sure interested, the site won't let me PM ya, would you be able to PM me by chance?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry about that. Just realized my settings didn't allow messages. It's fixed now.

I just sent you their info.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 4:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, really the FDE 17S, standard capacity.

Is SWFA gtg?
View Quote
Some options

SWFA is gtg
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bought this one this morning, BNIB for $2775 shipped including cc fees
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bought this one this morning, BNIB for $2775 shipped including cc fees
View Quote
Congrats!

I really wish I could've afford it at the moment but glad to help someone else grab it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice!

I was going to grab it, but I also have a back-order in at another retailer, for a FDE model and less than $2700.

Here I hope they ship and wait :D
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nice!

I was going to grab it, but I also have a back-order in at another retailer, for a FDE model and less than $2700.

Here I hope they ship and wait :D
View Quote
That's a great price if it is under $2700.  After FN raised the dealer prices in January, that dealer will literally make no money on that sale.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, they had a good labor day sale, so far they have not cancelled on me. Sounds like they're going to honor it.

At least ill be a bit disappointed if they do cancel, as I would have expected the order to be canceled a day or two after.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Anything new on the home front?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
We actually received a small shipment of 17’s today. First time I have seen any since posting in this thread. They sold out in a few minutes. So there will be a few more on the market this week.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 7:57:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw one in an AAFES a week ago. They had just put it out and had not put a tag on it yet. It was going to be tagged at $3300.

Looks like FN changed the laser markings on the side with a very large "Columbia, SC"
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

We actually received a small shipment of 17’s today. First time I have seen any since posting in this thread. They sold out in a few minutes. So there will be a few more on the market this week.
View Quote
Ooo baby, were they all black?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top