Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2020 4:12:14 PM EDT
Long story short, I need a shim to offset my muzzle device far enough from the shoulder of the barrel to reach 16”.

It’s a 5/8x24 thread pattern. I’m currently sitting at 7/16” out of 10/16” engagement between the device and barrel (shim is taking up 3/16”).

Ignoring issues of concentricity (I’m fairly certain it’s not going to be an issues based on the manufacturing specs of the shim), is that enough to get a proper pin and weld done?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You will be fine. As long as there enough thread to drill a divot for the pin to drop into you are good. Does not take much at all. The ATF does not have hulks waiting to use cheater bars on a wrench.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top