Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2020 8:44:15 AM EDT
Ive been thinking about this lately. From my understanding the sales this year are probably making it a unusual year.

But Im curious what a average year is total for the industry on the commercial side of things.

10K units? 100K?

Im mainly curious if I really honestly should have to worry about IR spill if things got real outside

" />
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Most anyone can afford an old JVC camcorder though ,no?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If shit gets real I am avoiding IR use whenever possible. Although hopefully most of the people with nods are on our side.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
When I bought mine I was told they went thru 300+ tubes in a couple weeks.

That was 2 months ago.

If I was needing them for EE or for violence I would be real hesistant to use IR outside anywhere except maybe buildings.

You'd have to assume thermal would be in use as well.

A couple of guys with nod's and a thermal overwatch would be very bad news.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If shit gets real I am avoiding IR use whenever possible. Although hopefully most of the people with nods are on our side.
View Quote

^^^THIS^^^

You'd hope people with gear would be on the same page but who knows. It'd depend on the the when, where, & how you ran into them.

If I saw anyone creeping on my property wearing nods with without LE markings they're going to be in for a surprise. They'd have to climb or defeat the locked gate entrance hundreds of feet from the house or cut through the barbed wire fencing with no trespassing signs everywhere.

In the highly unlikely event this ever happens hopefully they'll be shining their laser based LAM all over the place secure in having a non-visible downrange signature, lol.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A couple of guys with nods and a thermal overwatch would be very bad news.
View Quote

That's my plan.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which side is not self funded at the moment?  Cough, cough, Soros money, cough.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I also have no answers for this topic
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 12:47:43 AM EDT
[#8]
I assume the more times under nods you are in your area the better idea you will have.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if TNVC could give us some estimates
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I wonder if TNVC could give us some estimates
View Quote

So many they had to stop taking orders on the xls tubes... LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top