Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2022 9:35:59 PM EDT
I know they are well beyond the 60 days for approval, probably coming up on triple that.  But do they cash your $200 check right when they receive your paperwork or is it closer to when you get approved?  Thanks for the help, I know patience is the name of the game but I just want to make sure everything is right and won’t get held up.

ETA

When I’m reading through their process is says they will send me an email once the check is cashed and I haven’t gotten that yet.  I did get an email from the atf saying “application submission notification” with a control number.  Does that mean I’m good to go?

ETA2

ThNks all looks like I’m good to go.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Who did your paperwork?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It should be fairly quick.  For a paper form, it gets mailed first to the address in OR which is just a payment processing center.  They take the payments there and then forward the application to WV for it to then sit in an inbox until and examiner gets to it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Immediately
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I did it through SilencerShop and certified a month ago

Eform
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Usually within a week or so, although I did have one that took like a month
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did it through SilencerShop and certified a month ago

Eform
View Quote

Your form 4 was certified and your stamp check still hasn't been cashed?

Edit, SS should have sent in your stamp monies
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#7]
When I’m reading through their process is says they will send me an email once the check is cashed and I haven’t gotten that yet.  I did get an email from the atf saying “application submission notification” with a control number.  Does that mean I’m good to go?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#8]
My checks all got cashed within about a week of submitting.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Longest it’s taken on a paper form was 2 weeks, but it’s usually 3-4 days from when it’s received in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That process was probably written for the paper form 4 process, not eforms.  As part of submitting an eForm, payment is rendered via electronic payment.  If the status changed to submitted/in process, that means they got the money.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That process was probably written for the paper form 4 process, not eforms.  As part of submitting an eForm, payment is rendered via electronic payment.  If the status changed to submitted/in process, that means they got the money.
View Quote

It was an eform and the dashboard does say submitted/in progress but I just haven’t heard anything after that.  I was expecting an email from them saying the check was cashed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It was an eform and the dashboard does say submitted/in progress but I just haven't heard anything after that.  I was expecting an email from them saying the check was cashed.
View Quote
I've not done the new eForm 4 so maybe it's a different process, but in all other forms I've done where I've sent a physical check or wrote the CC info on a paper form, I've never gotten a notification from the ATF about the payment clearing.

If the form is "submitted/in process", that means it's gotten past the payment step and is waiting in Martinsburg for an examiner to get to it.  You should be good.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It was an eform and the dashboard does say submitted/in progress but I just haven’t heard anything after that.  I was expecting an email from them saying the check was cashed.
View Quote

You won’t get an email that the check was cashed because there is no check to cash with eforms.  When the dealer submits the eForm, they put in electronic payment info, like a credit card.  They get the payment when the dealer hits the submit button, just like when you order something online.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Not EFORM, but my most recent paper form form was mailed 6/17, check was not cashed until 8/31, I was shocked that it took so long, should have it by now, still waiting, ATF Sucks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#15]
My check was cashed about 2 weeks after the shop mailed in my Form4. This was back around Feb 12 of this year. Not expecting my approval till around Feb-Mar of '23
Link Posted: 8/10/2022 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top