Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2019 7:30:44 PM EDT
Was thinking about getting one of these MP 5K clones that PATR is now making. I see HK parts has left hand cock and tubes for a K model for like 100 bucks but when you got to do to change it? Do you need like to weld it or use a press or something?

Also what is the cyclic rate with a full auto  tungsten laden carrier? Asking for a possible use With binary trigger
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Was thinking about getting one of these MP 5K clones that PATR is now making. I see HK parts has left hand cock and tubes for a K model for like 100 bucks but when you got to do to change it? Do you need like to weld it or use a press or something?

Also what is the cyclic rate with a full auto  tungsten laden carrier? Asking for a possible use With binary trigger
View Quote
That left hand tube will require cutting, welding, and refinishing. You're better off buying parts and sourcing a builder to put it together.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Ralph Jr just did one recently
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yikes!  Thanks guys.  I guess i will pass and look into a banshee
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm a lefty,

Why do it ???????

I own almost ever 9 series out there.  I'm missing the 21.

Why spend the $ for only 10% of us????
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm a lefty,

Why do it ???????

I own almost ever 9 series out there.  I'm missing the 21.

Why spend the $ for only 10% of us????
View Quote
I heard an interesting stat the other day.  Something like 40 percent of special operators shoot left handed, I think that is why all of the new platforms are becoming completely ambi.  I am left eye dominant so i have been shooting left handed since I was 8.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard an interesting stat the other day.  Something like 40 percent of special operators shoot left handed,
View Quote
wut?

where did you hear that?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I shoot long guns left handed. Standard MP5 is pretty left handed friendly. With a little practice most guns are pretty adaptable. I dont run ambi or lefty controls on any of my guns and do ok. Our department finally got around to issuing patrol rifles (AR) and they have ambi controls, but my muscle memory keeps me using the right handed controls. I actually still use my personal sbr because I prefer it. A lefty cocking tube for an mp5 does sound kinda cool, I never really thought about it but I guess the idea behind it is simple but sounds like a lot of work and money to put on an existing gun, might be better if you were already building from parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top