Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2018 6:05:13 PM EDT
I’m finishing up my plate carrier and warbelt. Helmet is done.

How do you store this stuff normally?
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 6:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I'm finishing up my plate carrier and warbelt. Helmet is done.

How do you store this stuff normally?
View Quote
Triple Heavy Duty Hangers in my basement closet that's pretty much devoted to gunstuff and gear...  It was extra and no one claimed it because it was in the basement, so I figured what the heck...  I'll use it for good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
if just that gear than a gear hanger will work. If you have more gear then get a wall locker to secure what you have. Think of it as a safe but for equipment.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 6:52:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I stuff all my gear in a big LBT padded loadout bag. Keeps it mobile and somewhat organized. Can just grab and go with all my  gear.

The bag is an LBT 1568C FWIW.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I am going to make a PVC hanger out of 3/4 schedule 40 or 80, a tee, and 4 90's.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I keep my plate carrier, helmet, radio headset, and a slick belt with dropped QLS receiver plate on the back seat.
If I switched vehicles often, I'd have everything in a deployment bag. I prefer it where I can see/grab it though. The rifle (MK18) stays up front with me.

At home I store armor as flat as possible, with as few bends as possible. Helmets are on a shelf.
NODs in cases with the batteries removed and desiccant in the far corner.

I have a shelf in the bedroom with frequently used lights, the chargers for those lights, radio charger, spare batteries, etc. I switched from 123 batteries to rechargeable packs from Amazon and it's been great.
Pouches and other gear that I don't use much occupy several stacked heavy duty storage bins.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#6]
In a huge pile, in the corner of my gun room.
Also in my bedroom crawl space.
Also in plastic tubs in the basement.
Also in a few boxes out in the garage.
I got a lot of web gear.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Toss em in a nook in my closet
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I keep my plate carrier, helmet, radio headset, and a slick belt with dropped QLS receiver plate on the back seat.
If I switched vehicles often, I'd have everything in a deployment bag. I prefer it where I can see/grab it though. The rifle (MK18) stays up front with me.

At home I store armor as flat as possible, with as few bends as possible. Helmets are on a shelf.
NODs in cases with the batteries removed and desiccant in the far corner.

I have a shelf in the bedroom with frequently used lights, the chargers for those lights, radio charger, spare batteries, etc. I switched from 123 batteries to rechargeable packs from Amazon and it's been great.
Pouches and other gear that I don't use much occupy several stacked heavy duty storage bins.
View Quote
Why do you keep it flat as possible?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 1:13:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I think I read a long time ago that you don't want to bend/stretch the fibers during long term storage, and that hanging them can cause material to bunch at the bottom, but that may be unfounded.
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Behind clothes in my wife's closet...
Mine is full of safe...
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Locked in a Truckvault in the back of my issued car...

If it wasn't there, I would get a large rolling duffle bag to store it all as its too heavy to carry.
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#13]
My PC sits in my closet with the SBR
Link Posted: 2/3/2018 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Ye Olde gear pile in the corner of my office.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife got me this setup for Christmas.

I’m still trying to decide where to hang it.

Gallow Tech
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top