Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2018 2:15:23 PM EDT
Looking to sell a .50 bmg Zel Custom upper I rarely shoot, but I found articles that say the ATF classified .50 bmg uppers as firearms earlier this year.  I believe there is no serial number on the upper (I'll have to confirm).  What can you tell me about this ATF ruling?  How do you legally sell a .50 bmg upper with no serial number?  I'm confused.  It is installed on a serialized AR15 lower.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of such.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I Could not tell ya as I am not poor and own a M82a1.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if it were classified as a firearm, UT does not require you to go through an FFL for a private in-state sale.

You'd have to live somewhere retarded like CA or CO for that.

The August, 2018 "Safety Harbor Firearms" letter would only apply to that particular company and particular upper, as submitted for determination, at least for the time being.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Even if it were classified as a firearm, UT does not require you to go through an FFL for a private in-state sale.

You'd have to live somewhere retarded like CA or CO for that.

The August, 2018 "Safety Harbor Firearms" letter would only apply to that particular company and particular upper, as submitted for determination, at least for the time being.
View Quote
Thank you, great to know.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a particular upper that happens to be a 50 cal that is classified as a firearm.  If its not that particular 50 cal upper it just a rifle part and not a registered part
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top