Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 2:33:33 AM EDT
This is just like the NFA game. I ordered my first PVS-14 the other day with a projected lead time of 22+ weeks. How do you guys pass the time? I suppose I'll have plenty of time to pick up all the extra gear that goes with it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:24:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy helmet, mounts, lights, another helmet, more lights, you should have bought a laser too, then another laser. You have a NV compatible optic yes? Two?

At least that's what I did.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This is just like the NFA game. I ordered my first PVS-14 the other day with a projected lead time of 22+ weeks. How do you guys pass the time? I suppose I'll have plenty of time to pick up all the extra gear that goes with it.
View Quote

The older I get, the less it seems to bother me. I ordered a pvs14 some months ago with a projected 20wk wait, and I dont even keep track of it. When I was in my teens or 20s it would have driven me crazy, but it just doesn't hit the same anymore for whatever reason. I'll either die, or get older and have my pvs14 whenever TNVC builds and ships it. Or something will happen in the world that precludes it, and I'll just lose my downpayment. Pretty much the only 3 scenarios possible.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
In the meantime, clean all your guns.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Do some applicable training, like more night walks with light discipline, reloads and dealing with gear with your eyes closed, square away your kit so you can find everything without looking, get in shape.  The usual stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
It's just like NFA items.  You buy it and forget about until you get the call or email.  The older you get the faster time goes by anyway.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I grew up waiting for my cereal box prize to arrive. I'm used to being patient.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't, 22+ weeks ain't worth it.
Why not order from people who have stock? Have you checked here readymaderesources.com ?
I got my PVS-14 from here 4 or 5 years ago and am very happy with it and their service.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I don’t I order from people that have stuff in stock ready to ship. Ordered rnvgs from nocturnality and it was at my house two days later
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Snip
View Quote

Don't worry, y'all already made the sale! Yeah, those reasons are why I decided to just accept the wait. As a first timer in an industry with so many variables, I went with a company I knew I could trust to deliver a product that won't have any unexpected "got'chas" I find out about when I get it.

Weapons manipulation practice in the dark/eyes closed is a good idea. I've already taken a NV class and know the value of being able to run the gun without looking.

As a civi this will be primarily an observation tool so a laser is low on my list. It'll be a MAWL when I can afford it.

I'm thinking a bump helmet will be a good way to go. Also might pick up a Crye Nightcap because they're inexpensive and would be easy to stuff in my pack when hiking.

The Norotos INVG seems like the cream of the crop for single 14 use, ridiculously expensive though.

Surefire used to make a dual beam IR flashlight that seemed like a great tool to use with NODs when you want to light up an area but not muzzle everything with your LAM. May try to ebay one of those.

Does anyone make a good neck lanyard that attaches where the J arm does or something like that for carrying a 14 as a low profile scanner?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#13]
As a Professional Level Dealer with TNVC(don't contact me because TNVC is a major site sponsor and you should order direct from them), I've had to hand hold customers about the lead times. Once I explain the demand, they understand. It's just like EVERYTHING else in our world right now. If it's in high demand, it's going to be a long wait. Get used to it. Just like NFA stuff. Maybe worse depending on what you're waiting for.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#14]
After you buy enough NFA items and NODS you get used to the wait... Just order it and forget about it... start on another project like a nice bolt action rifle... before you know it, you get the call

I find it's good to have several things on order, that way it feeds your addiction every couple months when you get a call! :-)
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After you buy enough NFA items and NODS you get used to the wait... Just order it and forget about it... start on another project like a nice bolt action rifle... before you know it, you get the call

I find it's good to have several things on order, that way it feeds your addiction every couple months when you get a call! :-)
View Quote

Yeah, I'm about a month and a half into my fourth can. And a bolt action is on the list for spring. JRH had a sweet deal on mil trade in PVS-30s and I almost jumped, but a PVS-14 really seemed like the better starting place with NODs so I restrained myself. A nice bolt gun with a clip on is my ultimate goal for....hunting..
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:17:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Yea. the goal is to just fill in the waiting time with other goodies so you don't realize how long the waiti is! haha!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#17]
There’s a wait for NV now?

TNVC shipped my PVS14 like 5 days after I ordered.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And now the PVS30s come with the new housing, so it's technically better that you waited :)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/92237/IMG_4382-1780172.jpg
View Quote

Dammit, I need another stimulus check or two!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Tnvc already charged my CC so even if NV becomes controlled by legislation (doubtful but not impossible), mine is already paid for (I hope).
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A night vision device is an expensive.......on't be buying from us.
View Quote

I know several people who spent hours on the phone with TNVC and bought somewhere else, often to their chagrin when that "too good to be true" deal really was.

When I finally saved up most of the coin to buy, I used TNVC and Night Goggles.  I will use the wait to pay off the rest of my CC.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#22]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I was waiting on my first suppressor, I took up gardening.

When I ordered my RNVGs with 24UAs I took up baking.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:19:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I know several people who spent hours on the phone with TNVC and bought somewhere else, often to their chagrin when that "too good to be true" deal really was.

When I finally saved up most of the coin to buy, I used TNVC and Night Goggles.  I will use the wait to pay off the rest of my CC.
View Quote

No shame. I'm one of them, and I got great deals on the stuff I ordered, and tnvc was still happy to give me info and help ordering support products, and I ended up selling my other stuff and now have an order pending with tnvc for a few months. I should have just gone with them right off, imo, but I also learned a lot.

Augee, in particular was more than happy to continue dialogue even after I bought elsewhere. Other dealers I spoke with were not. This is why I chose to give tnvc my business, ultimately. Tnvc can directly thank Augee for my meager contribution to their bottom line. Dude was cordial and helpful even after another company got the first sale. Now I've flipped that unit and tnvc is who I went with to replace it.

I can understand the cold shoulder if I'm not buying your kit/bought elsewhere, but I am also a bit of a nerd and wholly immerse myself in things, and I am a bit offended by the "since you didn't buy from me to hell with dialogue" mindset, even while appreciating "why should I educate someone else's customer?" Well, fair, but Augee did, and flipped me from being someone else's customer, as well as providing me a wealth if knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:10:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Snip.
View Quote

Absolutely! And I'd like to say that Robert over at JRH was very helpful as well. In this case TNVC just happened to have the better deal on what I was looking for just now. I'd happily do business with either.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I got mine in before the mega rush

Feel for you guys though that sucks but it is what it be. I wouldnt settle for a lesser specd tube just to get it a little quicker
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No shame. I'm one of them, and I got great deals on the stuff I ordered, and tnvc was still happy to give me info and help ordering support products, and I ended up selling my other stuff and now have an order pending with tnvc for a few months. I should have just gone with them right off, imo, but I also learned a lot.

Augee, in particular was more than happy to continue dialogue even after I bought elsewhere. Other dealers I spoke with were not. This is why I chose to give tnvc my business, ultimately. Tnvc can directly thank Augee for my meager contribution to their bottom line. Dude was cordial and helpful even after another company got the first sale. Now I've flipped that unit and tnvc is who I went with to replace it.

I can understand the cold shoulder if I'm not buying your kit/bought elsewhere, but I am also a bit of a nerd and wholly immerse myself in things, and I am a bit offended by the "since you didn't buy from me to hell with dialogue" mindset, even while appreciating "why should I educate someone else's customer?" Well, fair, but Augee did, and flipped me from being someone else's customer, as well as providing me a wealth if knowledge.
View Quote

This is why I’m a TNVC customer for life.  Been doing this over a decade now, and I owe a lot of my education to Vic and the team over the years.  It’s been a great relationship for me and for TNVC’s bottom line.  I have never felt any pressure to buy and appreciate being able to continue to dialog whether I did or not.  Very uncommon in today’s times.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks guys, we all appreciate the kind words and will continue to bring the best NV out there to everyone as best we can along with the best customer service in the industry.  It was a great vSHOTT and we're so happy we got to release these former "restricted" units to the commercial market! Sales as you could have expected have been massive to say the least with these items.  Thank you again for all the business!
View Quote

Vic, you guys nailed it with vShott! I watched every night to the point my family was like "What's going on? What's dad doing? Why is he locked in his office(man cave)?" I'm so proud to be a TNVC dealer. I have so much interest going on around me right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:38:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Vic, you guys nailed it with vShott! I watched every night to the point my family was like "What's going on? What's dad doing? Why is he locked in his office(man cave)?" I'm so proud to be a TNVC dealer. I have so much interest going on around me right now.
View Quote

I need more coffee. It took a few seconds to figure out why I was so confused by your referring to yourself as "dad". Then I realized your profile pic probably isn't the real you.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thanks guys, we all appreciate the kind words and will continue to bring the best NV out there to everyone as best we can along with the best customer service in the industry.  It was a great vSHOTT and we're so happy we got to release these former "restricted" units to the commercial market! Sales as you could have expected have been massive to say the least with these items.  Thank you again for all the business!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why I’m a TNVC customer for life.  Been doing this over a decade now, and I owe a lot of my education to Vic and the team over the years.  It’s been a great relationship for me and for TNVC’s bottom line.  I have never felt any pressure to buy and appreciate being able to continue to dialog whether I did or not.  Very uncommon in today’s times.

Seriously, vShott was off the hook. I recently purchased a 14 from TNVC and my buddy was giving me shit for taking the long route, while showing off his gen3 PVS-7 he put together in just a couple weeks.- I explained to him the same reasons you stated above as to why. I learned SO much during vShott week from the guys. And the banter once the Pabst and Titos came out was highly entertaining. I've now placed 2 more orders with you guys since the PVS-14 100% because of vShott. And the way things are looking the 14 should be ready around the same time my new cans are approved.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I need more coffee. It took a few seconds to figure out why I was so confused by your referring to yourself as "dad". Then I realized your profile pic probably isn't the real you.
View Quote

Did you just assume his gender
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:28:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Did you just assume his gender
View Quote

Totally unrepentant..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top