Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2018 12:58:49 PM EDT
A RH threaded can with booster from loosening while mounted on a LH metric thread??

Have a Cosmic (RH thread between can and booster) and mounted it on my USP (LH metric).

When I went to tighten it on the USP, the can/booster loosened.

Just hate to wait 15 mins for both to cool enough to grab both and tighten.

Thank kids.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A RH threaded can with booster from loosening while mounted on a LH metric thread??

Have a Cosmic (RH thread between can and booster) and mounted it on my USP (LH metric).

Thank kids.
View Quote
Some rockset on one of the threads?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Tighten it by grabbing the booster housing. My rev9 keep coming loose so I finally just rocksetted the crap out of it . Not coming off now
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I read a trick here I believe. Hold onto the booster assembly of course as you tighten - initially, turn it pretty tight, then back off 1/4-1/8 turn and "snap" it tight again in one quick hard motion.  Seems to work well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool.  Will try.

Just want to be sure so I can change out the piston later for a different threading.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thank kids.
View Quote
Yup. Welcome to the world of USP cans. Only baffle strike I ever had was on a USP from what you are describing here. Just keep an eye on it between mags and make sure it all stays tight.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#6]
AAC 45M - RH housing, RH end cap, LH piston (G19/G21)

Like others have said I grasp at both the tube and end cap, which is easy with this can because it's all tool less and I check tightness often.

With someone else shooting, I'll download them under 10 rounds just so I can manage tightness, I'm a little paranoid.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top