Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2021 2:04:12 PM EDT
Bought from a car buddy yesterday
Came with 1060 rounds of M2 ball in cans and the extra enblocs you see for $2500.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bought from a car buddy yesterday
Came with 1060 rounds of M2 ball in cans and the extra enblocs you see for $2500.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145048/31F2D741-FA3A-461A-B529-A2BBDE21AC89_png-1871710.JPG
View Quote

Seems kind of high...Do some research on the Korean Ammo.  It may be defective!  You may have gotten hosed!
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure I'd call that a buddy deal.  Even at a buck a round (high for Korean) you paid $1500 for the rifle.  

And do check the lot numbers on that ammo.  Most of it was good but there were a half dozen or so suspect lots.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#3]
PS = perfectly shootable (apparently not)

KA = 'K'-orrosive and or 'KA'-boom.

Check the lot numbers but I'm pretty sure that's what I remember reading. I've no actual experience shooting either lot though.

CMP thread about KA/PS Korean ammo
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure I'd call that a buddy deal.  Even at a buck a round (high for Korean) you paid $1500 for the rifle.  

And do check the lot numbers on that ammo.  Most of it was good but there were a half dozen or so suspect lots.
View Quote

That is a $900.00 rifle tops.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
KA ammo is corrosives but tends to be good.  I’d shoot it in any of my bolt actions but probably not in my Garands.  If you do, just make sure to clean the whole gas system and barrel.

Unless it is a NM rifle or completely correct, I’m thinking you payed a little too much.

Any cartouches on the stock?  Do you know the MW or TE measurements?

The ammo is worth around $800
The rifle is worth $700 and up, all depending on barrel condition, correctness, cartouches.  Just from that picture I know the trigger guard is not correct.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Overpaid around $800. $2500 Not a buddy price.

KA is corrosive but it is good ammo with no issues. I bought a bunch of those cans of repacked Korean ammo from Century 20 yrs ago for $59 shipped per 384 rd can. Received KA 70/72/73 and around 700 rounds of PS74 and two bandos of PS86.

Your cans look like non repacked ammo.

Like said KA ammo worth about .60-70 per round.  Enblocs worth atleast $1 ea. Cans $ 15 ea.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

KA is corrosive but it is good ammo with no issues. I bought a bunch of those cans of repacked Korean ammo from Century 20 yrs ago for $59 shipped per 384 rd can. Received KA 70/72/73 and around 700 rounds of PS74 and two bandos of PS86.

Like said KA ammo worth about .60-70 per round.  Enblocs worth atleast $1 ea. Cans $ 15 ea.
View Quote

Depends on the lot number.  I saw 4 rifles blow up when it was issued at an MRPA match around 2004.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not enough info to make that determination. Could be a NM, Navy 308, Match prepped, etc.

Locally a guy was selling a welded repair receiver M1 that was blued. Asked $500 for it. It had a early rare $400 Winchester part on it. You never know.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd love to know where anyone is currently buying .30-06 in bulk for .60/rd. Not last in-stock price.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not enough info to make that determination. Could be a NM, Navy 308, Match prepped, etc.

Locally a guy was selling a welded repair receiver M1 that was blued. Asked $500 for it. It had a early rare $400 Winchester part on it. You never know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it is..$900.00...TOPs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, big difference depending on which manufacturer, what year, what serial number, the barrel wear etcetera. I've got two Springfields, one cost me $650 and one is a $1,300 gun
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd love to know where anyone is currently buying .30-06 in bulk for .60/rd. Not last in-stock price.
View Quote

If it's the Greek '06 HXP that was loaded in en bloc clips in a spam can, they're NOT.

HXP is north of a buck per round here. I've seen it priced at $1.50 per rd in an unopened spam can. But that's with the clips.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Not a "buddy" price at all, considering the type of ammo.  ... Not to mention there's zero evidence  any Vaseline was used during the bend-over phase of the purchasing procedure. Definitely not a buddy.  

Now had the ammo been 1060 rds of Greek HXP .30-06, loaded in clips inside bandoliers, the price for the ammo itself would've been a great deal.

And even in this market, unless the seller's M1 was somehow rare or unique, or hand-built by JCG his own self, it's a $1K rifle at best.

[Revised Edit]: CMP is getting $650 or so for re-imported mixmasters rebarreled with new Criterion barrels and stocked in new wood.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 10:57:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep. Not a "buddy" price at all, considering the type of ammo.  ... Not to mention there's zero evidence  any Vaseline was used during the bend-over phase of the purchasing procedure. Definitely not a buddy.  

Now had the ammo been 1060 rds of Greek HXP .30-06, loaded in clips inside bandoliers, the price for the ammo itself would've been a great deal.

And even in this market, unless the seller's M1 was somehow rare or unique, or hand-built by JCG his own self, it's a $1K rifle at best.

CMP is getting $850 or so for re-imported mixmasters with Criterion barrels and new wood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CMP is getting $850 or so for re-imported mixmasters with Criterion barrels and new wood.

??
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

$650 for a Special Rack Grade
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:57:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct .... my bad. I just did a quick edit to fix that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#19]
The OP seems to have disappeared.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#21]
As I understand the current situation, being able to buy both a quality firearm and a significant amount of ammo for it is a bit of a deal in itself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I know everyone here is draggin the OP, but given the time of purchase. This might not be that awful of a deal. .30-06 ammo is getting hard to find, when you do, even the 'cheap' stuff is closer to $1/rd. Then the rifles, sure you can go the CMP route and get it cheaper, but in reality, many folks are willing to pay 1200-1800 for a Garand TODAY. Rather than wait 3-4 months (and deal with extra paperwork, etc).

I'm happy I choose the CMP route and waited 3 months, but I can see why (especially with extra stimmy money) some might just wanna get one NOW and have it...
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I know everyone here is draggin the OP, but given the time of purchase. This might not be that awful of a deal. .30-06 ammo is getting hard to find, when you do, even the 'cheap' stuff is closer to $1/rd. Then the rifles, sure you can go the CMP route and get it cheaper, but in reality, many folks are willing to pay 1200-1800 for a Garand TODAY. Rather than wait 3-4 months (and deal with extra paperwork, etc).

I'm happy I choose the CMP route and waited 3 months, but I can see why (especially with extra stimmy money) some might just wanna get one NOW and have it...
View Quote

Not a “Buddy Deal”....
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#24]
that KA ammo is corrosive IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top