Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2018 8:01:59 PM EDT
Anyone used Aervoe green with Magpul. The Krylon I used was off.

Link Posted: 5/6/2018 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It's much closer to Magpul FDE than Magpul OD. I bought it to use with OD and I am disappointed.

Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Fixed your pic

Attachment Attached File

Aren't there 2 different OD's from Aervoe?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for fixing the pic. For future reference, what did I do wrong?

RE: 2 different ODs from Aervoe, I can't say I know for sure. I bought the mine from Brownells and their product page does show swatches for OD and OD semi gloss. I did not want semi-gloss.

Looking at those swatches, the Forest Green looks like it may be closer to Magpul OD, but it is really tough to tell from just that little picture and differences in monitors. I'd really like to find a closer match from Aervoe.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, so I found the Aervoe product page: https://aervoe.com/product/military-vehicle-and-recreation-camouflage-paint/

It lists 4 different colors as "Olive Drab". Their part numbers are 24084, 24087, 34087 and 34088. Interestingly, searching on the Aervoe website for "987A" brings you to the above product page, where there is no mention of 987A at all.

Brownells lists the manufacturer part number of what I bought as 987A, which of course is not anything that Aervoe lists.

Guessing by Aervoe's swatches, I think I might have the 34087, and 34088 might be a much better match. But that is one "guess" and two more "might"s than I'd like. I'm hoping that when I get home tonight I can find a number on the can that will tell me which one I actually have and is shown in my photo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#5]
The can I have is labelled both 987A and 34087.
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Aervoe Forest green or woodland green is going to be closest
Link Posted: 5/10/2018 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for fixing the pic. For future reference, what did I do wrong?

RE: 2 different ODs from Aervoe, I can't say I know for sure. I bought the mine from Brownells and their product page does show swatches for OD and OD semi gloss. I did not want semi-gloss.

Looking at those swatches, the Forest Green looks like it may be closer to Magpul OD, but it is really tough to tell from just that little picture and differences in monitors. I'd really like to find a closer match from Aervoe.
View Quote
There's something fucky that goes on with embedding pics from imgur to this site.

I just downloaded it & uploaded it here

I think the Aervoe OD in your pic is much better (more neutral of a clolour) than the Magpul green.

I would just paint  over their furniture
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Color matching is a PITA.

The color of the light affects how we perceive the pigment color of coatings.

For the most part our brain makes things appear the color they "should be" to a great extent.

If the light is very different (say sodium vapor (high or low pressure) vs. mercury vapor) colors may be so far off as to be identified as 'different.'

This affects color matching also.
A match under one light source may not 'match' under a different light source.

A match on an overcast day will be different on a cloudless day.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
The way I look at it on my rifle is: The fact that different "green" components appear slightly different shades is fine, since camo is not one shade of color anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top