Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2018 6:04:29 PM EDT
I see hand guards seem to to be common but I didn’t find much for stocks.

I saw an Eddystone, blued, in a chopped stock, sadly the stock was near perfect before the chop at the barrel band.  It could have been a pristine rifle perhaps.  May have been reblued.  It was a 1919 barrel stamp, forget the month.  Had a W with a slash horizontally through it.   Not sure if that is Winchester or a Westinghouse mark.

I have done some de bubbifications and wood is always the hang up.

I don’t even see much for repro stocks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#1]
My 1917 Eddystone, by far my favorite rifle.

I think some of the issue with stocks/parts is that they just didn't make that many of them to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the going rate for an excellent condition full set with handguards are hardware?
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot answer for an original but some of the ads for repro sets were 180-199 and not always in stock.

New in wrap oem hand guards can be had for ten to 20 bucks each.  Lots of bolts and metal new in the wrap around I saw too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes it's funny what is around in numbers.    Lots of new military stocks were sold as surplus and used as firewood.

New replacement OEM hand guards are available by the case.

Jump to wood Aussie L1A1 hand guards and there are a ton of right side but no lefts or the other way around.  I cannot remember which of the two is non existent.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cannot answer for an original but some of the ads for repro sets were 180-199 and not always in stock.

New in wrap oem hand guards can be had for ten to 20 bucks each.  Lots of bolts and metal new in the wrap around I saw too.
View Quote
I've seen bolt parts, and new old stock magazine springs for the 1917, I've never actually seen a reproduction stock.  There are plenty out there for the 1903.. It's just sad that only about 2 million were made, subtract the ones lost in the war, given to other countries, sold off to civilians and turned into sporter hunting rifles, there are very few left that are in original configuration.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Either Numrich or Sarco was the last place I picked one up, it was rough but came out nice with lots of easy off, hot water, ironing our dents, and re-oiling the stock.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The question is now moot, the gun was sold as is.

Saves me agonizing and waffling about restoring a rifle that was buffed and reblued to be a restored non collectible shooter grade.

Thanks for your thoughts.

ETA I do like bringing them back though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top