Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2018 2:14:17 PM EDT
Thinking I may pick one up when the come back in stock, but I honestly haven't heard a lot about them since release, specifically looking at the full size version.

I had thought about a Zenith, but that's just too far out of the budget.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They’re the same cost as the Zeniths...

Go look at the BFLV thread and it should resolve your questions
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
BFLV?

ETA: I can get a barreled Omega receiver for a lot less than a complete Zenith, I'll have the same money in it at completion I'm sure, but I can't spend $1,800 at once.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

BFLV?
View Quote
Battle field las vegas
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Battle field las vegas
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#5]
They seem to like them, and if you're gonna SBR or run a sear they are definitely the way to go vs. Zenith because they are 922r compliant and don't need a shelf welded over the pin hole. That being said, I really like my Zenith a lot and their CS is outstanding.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They seem to like them, and if you're gonna SBR or run a sear they are definitely the way to go vs. Zenith because they are 922r compliant and don't need a shelf welded over the pin hole. That being said, I really like my Zenith a lot and their CS is outstanding.
View Quote

Omega's do need (and have) a shelf because they do not have a F/A carrier block welded inside the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine doesn't work yet.  Purchased the Omega OM9 SD K receiver on Wednesday and took it to the range today.  Tried three different brands of ammo, three different magazines and two different trigger packs.  Basically I have a failure to fire regardless of the combination.  The rounds load, the hammer falls but nothing happens.  It sort of worked when I got to the range but stopped working toward the end of my visit.  I passed on the info to Atlantic Firearms and they passed it on to Top Notch.  I'll post their response when I receive it.

Otherwise, it looks great!  Welds are nice, finish is nice, and everything looks straight.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Omega's do need (and have) a shelf because they do not have a F/A carrier block welded inside the receiver.
View Quote
Was talking about the Zenith.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#10]
My experience so far with my Omega, I have only ran wolf steel cased ammo through this set up, mostly supressed. I still managed to have a couple double feeds within 1000 rounds, they were few and far between and could have been caused by anything - probably ammo.  Really surprising was that it worked pretty good with a bent extractor spring as a bent spring totally killed the POF.   2 stoppages in a 1000 rounds aint bad but I really hate that the spring gets bent so I upgraded to a MAD bolt + a 100 degree locking piece and it is now as boringly reliable as my ar15s, it just works.

on a side note, I did have a POF that was a POS and luckily Atlantic let me return it for store credit.  I know a lot of people swear by POF but the issues with mine were more than just cosmetic - I didn't know how crappy that gun was until I got the Omega.

Very happy with my Omega5k and Atlantic Firearms was great to deal with on all levels.  Atlantic took care of me even though I was well out the specifics of their return policy. They are a standup company.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
They are working well for them but remember, BFLV only needs to throw in a sear pack into an Omega to turn it into a machine gun. Depending on how they go with the Zenith there could be a lot more work, at the very least removing the full auto bolt block and then either replacing the bolt or welding the sear trip onto it. I'm sure that's a huge reason they are using Omegas over a Zenith.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They are working well for them but remember, BFLV only needs to throw in a sear pack into an Omega to turn it into a machine gun. Depending on how they go with the Zenith there could be a lot more work, at the very least removing the full auto bolt block and then either replacing the bolt or welding the sear trip onto it. I'm sure that's a huge reason they are using Omegas over a Zenith.
View Quote
I'm not saying that's not a factor because it most certainly is.

I'm saying that they're running extreme round counts on Omegas and seem to be happy with what they're seeing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

BFLV?

ETA: I can get a barreled Omega receiver for a lot less than a complete Zenith, I'll have the same money in it at completion I'm sure, but I can't spend $1,800 at once.
View Quote
The MP5 bug bit you hard, didn't it?
It did me hard too. I've still got mine in the box since I've been working my butt off these past couple of months. Don't really want to do a detailed strip/clean until I find a nice case for it. Be of good cheer, Sputnik! You'll get one soon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My experience so far with my Omega, I have only ran wolf steel cased ammo through this set up, mostly supressed. I still managed to have a couple double feeds within 1000 rounds, they were few and far between and could have been caused by anything - probably ammo.  Really surprising was that it worked pretty good with a bent extractor spring as a bent spring totally killed the POF.   2 stoppages in a 1000 rounds aint bad but I really hate that the spring gets bent so I upgraded to a MAD bolt + a 100 degree locking piece and it is now as boringly reliable as my ar15s, it just works.

on a side note, I did have a POF that was a POS and luckily Atlantic let me return it for store credit.  I know a lot of people swear by POF but the issues with mine were more than just cosmetic - I didn't know how crappy that gun was until I got the Omega.

Very happy with my Omega5k and Atlantic Firearms was great to deal with on all levels.  Atlantic took care of me even though I was well out the specifics of their return policy. They are a standup company.
View Quote
Good to hear! H ow did you know to go with a 100 degree locking piece?
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Good to hear! H ow did you know to go with a 100 degree locking piece?
View Quote
the 80 worked well no problems - but it is recommended for stout 147gr loads + suppressed with a stock, so I figured I'd go with the 100 as 115gr wolf is my preferred ammo, so far no problems
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
What locking piece is recommended for a Zenith pistol using 147 grain loads? Anyone know? I have the locking piece that came with it, and it has done ok, but might want to shoot larger loads later on down the road..............
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#17]
No issues with the std LP and 147's in my Z5RS.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]
My Omega OM9 SD K receiver is working perfectly now thanks to Atlantic Firearms and Omega.  Omega replaced the bolt and adjusted the bolt gap.  I replaced the hammer spring in the trigger pack.  All is well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:55:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:10:45 AM EDT
[#21]
omega 9sd has held up well to full auto dumps wiht a B&T can..
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 1:10:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Still have mine and still love it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#23]
To the Atlantic guy, a slightly off-subject question...as I look at your two pics I gotta ask is your view through the red dots not obstructed? When I use the low riser (Romeo 5, although most dots are likely in the same area), the dot is hovering around the front sight ring, which I find distracting. Pros to using the higher riser versus the low mount: the dot is unobstructed and the riser permits using the irons without removing the scope. Cons to using the higher riser versus the low riser: the POI is that much higher on a weapon with an already low bore.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone else thought OP was talkimg about watches?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:14:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Was browsing this forum and thought I would give me two cents. The Omega's are definitely worth the money. I know we used to use the POF's and maybe it was the lot that we received but we didn't have the best luck. We had some bolt rollers literally crack in half. They heat treatment left them too brittle and the rear of the receiver at the stocking retaining pin cracked on a few of them. We switched over to the Omegas and have been really happy with them.

I saw a picture on FB of an Omega with a Gear Head Works Tailhook stock and that's what brought me over here. I don't like taking home work-owned SBR's so I plan on using an Omega with the pistol brace to use as a daily vehicle gun.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Also we just started shipping the Omega Gideon Shadow 9mm & 40cal pistols for those interested in a partner to their roller lock.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/gideon%20shadow%209mm%20(12%20of%2013).jpg
View Quote
How are those pistols?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That is an SB Tactical arm brace, not a stock

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also we just started shipping the Omega Gideon Shadow 9mm & 40cal pistols for those interested in a partner to their roller lock.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/gideon%20shadow%209mm%20(12%20of%2013).jpg
How are those pistols?
That is an SB Tactical arm brace, not a stock

Sven
Manticore Arms
I know.........I have one on one of my pistols. I was wondering how the Omega Shadow pistols were, if anyone has bought one and has feedback
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top